Oxford United new ground application

Completed. Why did you move from the Manor ground to a stadium not fit for purpose?

I must confess I follow the other club in Oxford who are now only 2 divisions below you after their promotion to the conference league. They have a much more attractive name!

What does the owner plan on doing with the current ground?
its likely to be knocked down and houses built.There is always a shortage of building land in and around Oxford as much of the land is owned by University of Oxford.

Completed. Why did you move from the Manor ground to a stadium not fit for purpose?

I must confess I follow the other club in Oxford who are now only 2 divisions below you after their promotion to the conference league. They have a much more attractive name!
Thank you for completing the questionnaire, We loved the Manor it was a dump but OUR dump. The Manor was creaking and full of asbestos and no room for expansion. The all seating era would gave reduced the capacity to about 5K, just not sustainable. At the time the Kassam stadium was meant to be the answer to all our prayers, a former owner started the build then ran out of money. Mr Kassam took over and completed the 3 sided stadium. He then sold the club but still owns the ground and OUFC have struggled since.

We pay £500K+ pa rent and are only allowed to play 1st team fixtures there. (OUFC women play at Oxford City)
Our new owners want to reunite club and stadium,

Oxford City are considered like a younger brother by many OUFC fans, me included,and follow both sides particularly now they are in the Conference.

Thank you again for taking an interest and completing the form

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.