Oxford United new ground application

Done. My cousin is an Oxford season ticket holder - I’ve been to the Manor and the Kassam on many occasions, and even Wembley twice with him watching Oxford, so this is actually quite important to me anyway.

Very best of luck to your club.

its likely to be knocked down and houses built.There is always a shortage of building land in and around Oxford as much of the land is owned by University of Oxford.
Filled in and good luck. The location looks ideal so I hope the denizens of the Woodstock and Banbury Roads don’t fuck it up for you.

I never thought I’d doing this one on Bluemoon, but I’m going to go full dick on the last bit….

The university isn’t a major land owner - it’s the (wealthier) colleges that have the large land holdings. Think St Johns, Christchurch, Magdalen etc. The relationship between the colleges and the university is ….complicated. The colleges are independent entities, financially autonomous and will nearly always act in their own interests, which might not align with those of the university.

When I first read the post I thought “shyte, which college is going to mint this one”, so it’s probably a good thing that the land is council-owned. A college would drive a much harder bargain than either the council or the university. They’re not sentimental.

Sorry, got skin in this game so I can’t let it go.

Filled in and good luck. The location looks ideal so I hope the denizens of the Woodstock and Banbury Roads don’t fuck it up for you.

I never thought I’d doing this one on Bluemoon, but I’m going to go full dick on the last bit….

The university isn’t a major land owner - it’s the (wealthier) colleges that have the large land holdings. Think St Johns, Christchurch, Magdalen etc. The relationship between the colleges and the university is ….complicated. The colleges are independent entities, financially autonomous and will nearly always act in their own interests, which might not align with those of the university.

When I first read the post I thought “shyte, which college is going to mint this one”, so it’s probably a good thing that the land is council-owned. A college would drive a much harder bargain than either the council or the university. They’re not sentimental.

Sorry, got skin in this game so I can’t let it go.
Funny how the Varsity towns both have a United in the FL and a City in non league!

Thank you for completing the questionnaire, We loved the Manor it was a dump but OUR dump. The Manor was creaking and full of asbestos and no room for expansion. The all seating era would gave reduced the capacity to about 5K, just not sustainable. At the time the Kassam stadium was meant to be the answer to all our prayers, a former owner started the build then ran out of money. Mr Kassam took over and completed the 3 sided stadium. He then sold the club but still owns the ground and OUFC have struggled since.

We pay £500K+ pa rent and are only allowed to play 1st team fixtures there. (OUFC women play at Oxford City)
Our new owners want to reunite club and stadium,

Oxford City are considered like a younger brother by many OUFC fans, me included,and follow both sides particularly now they are in the Conference.

Thank you again for taking an interest and completing the form
Thanks for the explanation.

Good luck with the move, I visited the Manor ground a couple of times in the 1980's. Then in the 1990's on a visit to the wifes godmother who lived in Oxford they took us to their local which was in fact the social club at the Manor Ground.

Got talking to the groundsmen who were two brothers, both with huge beer bellies! A few pints were sunk!

Thank you for completing the questionnaire, We loved the Manor it was a dump but OUR dump. The Manor was creaking and full of asbestos and no room for expansion. The all seating era would gave reduced the capacity to about 5K, just not sustainable. At the time the Kassam stadium was meant to be the answer to all our prayers, a former owner started the build then ran out of money. Mr Kassam took over and completed the 3 sided stadium. He then sold the club but still owns the ground and OUFC have struggled since.

We pay £500K+ pa rent and are only allowed to play 1st team fixtures there. (OUFC women play at Oxford City)
Our new owners want to reunite club and stadium,

Oxford City are considered like a younger brother by many OUFC fans, me included,and follow both sides particularly now they are in the Conference.

Thank you again for taking an interest and completing the form
Is this Kassam demanding £500k a year?

Just giving this a bump as it is now one week until the Survey closes on 23 July. Thank you if you have already filled in the survey to help ensure Oxford United isn't homeless from 2026 and can instead offer a new ground which is easy to access via public transport, offers modern facilities, and will ensure a better atmosphere for both home and away fans. The survey and more information can still be found here: https://letstalk.oxfordshire.gov.uk/stadium-land-use-negotiations
Yep. We pay Kassam £500pa at the moment. I wish you all the very best for the coming season and will leave you alone for now, with maybe the occasional update. We start at Cambridge Utd on 5th August, not particularly rivals by the way.
Thank you again for your interest

Apologies for interrupting what must be a very exciting day for you all. Oxfordshire County Council agreed today to lease OUFC the land for a new stadium. This is fabulous news for the club and enables the process to move forward to planning permission.
Thank you to every one on this forum who completed the questionnaire.
Best of luck tonight against Red Star Belgrade. We go v MK Dons in the EFL trophy!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.