Oxford V York

SpiritofBurnden said:
mcfc83 said:
I wouldn't mind seeing Oxford come up as they are a big club who should be in league (they are arguably bigger than a few PL sides!)

No they're not. You obviously don't remember last time they were in the top division. Wigan are a big club compared to them.

Is that the wigan that had just over 5000 people at a cup game this season, is that the wigan that never sell out, is that the wigan that have one of the cheapest season tickets in the league, is that the wigan that hove the lowest premier league attendances, is that the wigan that have never won a major trophy?

On the other hand you have Oxford who have won a major trophy, have 30,000 fans inside webley today, always have a near capacity crowd, have 2 teams in their city rather that 1 in wigans. Oxford are a bigger and better team over time than wigan. Wigan, bolton and blackburn are all a disgrace.

rickmcfc said:
On the other hand you have Oxford who have won a major trophy, have 30,000 fans inside webley today, always have a near capacity crowd, have 2 teams in their city rather that 1 in wigans. Oxford are a bigger and better team over time than wigan. Wigan, bolton and blackburn are all a disgrace.

Oxford averaged around 10,000 last time they were in the top division. This season they have an average attendance of just over 6,500 in a stadium that holds 12,500. They weren't even the biggest team in the conference...

I'm probably the only person on here that didn't want Oxford to win.
I'm a Swindon fan, so I wanted to keep the '2 division' cushion over them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.