P****d off with the so called ''Match day experience''

Bluemanc1968

Cholton-on-Medlock, Manchester 13 and I hate RAGS!
is anyone else as pissed off as me with this so called ''Match Day experience'' ? fucking hate that termanology! I have been going to watch City since I was 11, first with my uncle and dad as a kid like alot on this site, i'm now in my 40's! and I have seen and experienced the mostly downs following my beloved blues, I'm season ticket holder and have been for nearly 20 years and I have got to say some of the football I have recently witnessed has been the best I ever seen as a City Fan, so why am I not enjoying going to the match!!!

I spoke with a few mates last night who like me have been going most of there lives, I would class us as hard core as we do travel to most away and euro games aswell and they are of the same mind set, this PC football experience thingy is fucking shit and its getting worse! the atmosphere at the etihad this year apart from the odd games has been crap! and yet the crowds attendances have been higher than previous years on average, we are starting to ''only sing when were winning'' 20 of us starting to try and get a few songs going last night and no fucker wanted to know so in the end we gave up, SO WHAT'S WRONG???? the stewards the city ones and showsec are not helping the situation, constantly checking if people are sat or stood in the right seats FFS, even last night one of my mates had a major arguement with one! he was finishing his beer off at half time and was a few mins after the start of second half and instead of going back to his allocated seat he stood in the nearest empty one, which was no big deal as there were a few empty seats around where he was and this twat of a steward was constantly at him to go to his own seat in the end he just fucked off out of the ground and went to the pub!

its embarrassing that the away support are outsinging us in alot match's and thats after most of there teams being on the receiving end of a on the pitch leathering we were playing liverpool last night! not fucking Grimsby Town!!

I personely don't have the answer! it may be that club need to step in do something to help situation I don't know!!!! I LOVE CITY its has been my life for so long! but speaking with like minded blues, if things don't change I can see our so called hard core falling away and probably being replaced with these so called glory hunter fans! who have never seen such days as Macc or stockport on a tue or wed night and are only there to see us with Silverwear! but where will they be if we don't win the trophys????????

Sorry for the long post!!

CTID

Prestwich_Blue said:
No - give the lad some leeway. He wanted to get something off his chest quite badly.

Feel better after that mate?

I know - why don't we have a single singing end instead of having two with the away fans in between?

Your right there mate!!!! it the easy thing in the world to say fuck it not going anymore! watch it on the box like RAGS!

Prestwich_Blue said:
No - give the lad some leeway. He wanted to get something off his chest quite badly.

Feel better after that mate?

I know - why don't we have a single singing end instead of having two with the away fans in between?

I was on the understanding the club tried this and it was shite and also nobody wanted to move seats to accomodate it.

fair point mate,

away games are becoming the same!

i also think that all the new songs made up and threaded on here and other forums are not catching on, so we have the young lads trying to get them going but if your older and dont go on forums/ facebook etc you wont learn them untill it eventually gets going or a mate has told them the words, thats why the "come on city" and we're not really here are normally the loudest as everyone knows them!

its an awkward situation to be in cos i love a good sing at the match but when your on your own or with a few others singing with you it does put you off, so you end up thinking fuck it, ive tried!

expecting spurs to outsing us aswell, so we need the team to turn it on so we can shut the fuckers up!

I was thinking the other day that the club that does pre-kick off best is Everton. You get that cheesy "Grand Old Team" song then the Z-Cars theme but it's quite atmospheric I think as you know the teams are about to come out and the game's about to start. Simple but effective.

I remember the days of being pissed on through a newspaper in the kippax and having pints thrown through the air. How dare City create City Square where you can watch all the build on massive screens whilst having a pint with the lads.

As for the atmosphere, you name a team who have a fantastic atmosphere at home unless they are winning or are in a big game? Fucking none is your answer. Away fans have generally been on the piss cos it's a day out for them so that's why they SOMETIMES outsing the home team. We outsing most places we go to, you should know you're a hardcore supporter.

Yes I've bitten but fuck me, you've admitted that it's the best football you've ever seen. Get a fucking grip

Last week against Lpool we had a band and some knob with a megaphone wandering about outside, whats that all about?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.