P****d off with the so called ''Match day experience''

notts blue said:
fair point mate,

away games are becoming the same!

i also think that all the new songs made up and threaded on here and other forums are not catching on, so we have the young lads trying to get them going but if your older and dont go on forums/ facebook etc you wont learn them untill it eventually gets going or a mate has told them the words, thats why the "come on city" and we're not really here are normally the loudest as everyone knows them!

its an awkward situation to be in cos i love a good sing at the match but when your on your own or with a few others singing with you it does put you off, so you end up thinking fuck it, ive tried!

expecting spurs to outsing us aswell, so we need the team to turn it on so we can shut the fuckers up![/quote]

Being blue's, we should never rely on this! to be fair the away match's, IMO are better! as having the mentality of a smaller number of fans at a foriegn town or city you tend to sing and stick together on the whole! which makes for a better match day out, there must be a solution???? other clubs seem to sort something out!

nevilletogoater-in said:
I remember the days of being pissed on through a newspaper in the kippax and having pints thrown through the air. How dare City create City Square where you can watch all the build on massive screens whilst having a pint with the lads.

As for the atmosphere, you name a team who have a fantastic atmosphere at home unless they are winning or are in a big game? Fucking none is your answer. Away fans have generally been on the piss cos it's a day out for them so that's why they SOMETIMES outsing the home team. We outsing most places we go to, you should know you're a hardcore supporter.

Yes I've bitten but fuck me, you've admitted that it's the best football you've ever seen. Get a fucking grip

I too remember witnessed some shit days in the kippax and platt lane, but the buzz was there, and not jumped up fucking stewards telling to sit down or move here or there, I thought City V Liverpool in a semi final would be classed as a BIG GAME? the atmosphere was shit! the atmosphere was shit against the RAGS until we made a come back!! and I was not just on about the atmosphere I was saying about the whole now PC controlled match experience!! is crap at the etihad and getting worse!

all the stuff like hugh ferris is so cheesy I just go to the pub up unitl kick off so I dont have to listen to it

I think everyone around the ground wants a single singing section at Eastlands but I'm not sure how it could be done without upsetting a lot of fans. Some prefer sitting behind the goal and others prefer the side view. I suppose if all the south stand singing section were tempted to move over to the kippax to make it a single singing section then the club could possibly compensate them for doing so by reducing their season tickets considerably for the first year. But would the club do that? I am guessing that more people would be prepared to move from behind the goal to the side than vice versa simply because it's a better view but that's just my personal opinion. But will the people who don't usually sing accept having their seats taken from them simply because they don't sing? Not very likely..........unless there's an incentive.
Maybe the club could give all the reallocated fans a free pie and pint at every home league game for moving??? How much would that cost the club and save the fans when taking into account the clubs' purchasing and the fans' savings costs. I guess around £2.50 per person per match would be the costs to the club but saving the fans around £6.50 - £7.00 per game, i.e. £123.50 - £133.00 for that first season.
I'm just thinking out loud now and being tongue-in-cheek but the point i'm making is for the club to come up with some serious incentives to make this happen which might even include the odd free cup tickets here and there when we fall very short of filling the stadium.

cleavers said:
Happy Feet said:
Last week against Lpool we had a band and some knob with a megaphone wandering about outside, whats that all about?
And last night, we were chatting with some friends last night when they appeared, more than enough to drive us all inside, maybe that was the plan.
I thought the band was good - went past us doing the Mancini - he comes from Italy song - something different on a match day.

To be perfectly honest I've fell out of love with the whole match day experience as well...now it's just like watching it on TV but instead you've got the cold weather/hugh ferris cheesefest etc. Barely anyone sings any more, if anyone does it's our little "Kippax corner" who try as they might don't out sing the away support which isn't their fault as at least they're trying to generate some atmosphere. Sadly the rest of the stadium has become somewhat like a morgue. Not having a go but I'm not bothering renewing my season ticket next year I'd prefer to go to a handful of away games instead so then you're at least guaranteed a good atmosphere. Season ticket holder for 6 years and it's sad but I completely agree with everything the OP says and that's why I won't be renewing next year.

Awaits "good riddance" and "f**k off then" comments :)

change.jpg

6a00d8341c365453ef012877885312970c-600wi

6a00d8341c365453ef0120a885af6b970b-600wi

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.