Pagers can kill

jazzy

Team supported
Manchester City
At least nine people have died and thousands are injured after handheld pagers, used by Hezbollah, exploded in Lebanon on Tuesday afternoon

The health ministry says 200 of those injured are in a critical condition, with a munition expert telling the BBC the devices were likely packed with up to 20 grams of military-grade high explosive

Hezbollah has blamed Israel for the "sinful aggression", saying the country will get its "fair punishment"

Israel is yet to comment

At least nine people have died and thousands are injured after handheld pagers, used by Hezbollah, exploded in Lebanon on Tuesday afternoon

The health ministry says 200 of those injured are in a critical condition, with a munition expert telling the BBC the devices were likely packed with up to 20 grams of military-grade high explosive

Hezbollah has blamed Israel for the "sinful aggression", saying the country will get its "fair punishment"

Israel is yet to comment
I remember a story years ago of Mossad planting an explosive in a mobile phone and they rang the terrorist it blew his head off!

I remember a story years ago of Mossad planting an explosive in a mobile phone and they rang the terrorist it blew his head off!
Not sure who manufacture pagers anymore but obviously infiltrated by mossad , other question is why is Iranian ambassador carrying a Hezbollah pager ( think we all know the answer)

i remember when pagers first came out,
way before mobile phones.

you went into a public callbox,
stuck your 2p in and phoned the pager company's number.
it was always a woman who answered.
you gave her the actual pager number you wanted the message sending to and then the message you wanted to send,
which she repeated back to you and then sent to the pager.

"2grams of phet. a quarter of squidgy. 7pm. peace and love. calum"

happy days.

Last edited:

you gave her the actual pager number you wanted the message sending to and then the message you wanted to send,

"2grams of phet. a quarter of squidy. 7pm. peace and love. calum"

happy days.
I got my first and only pager @ 1987. It was issued to me by the truck dealer I worked for.
And they would send me a message to contact the office if they needed to speak to me about something.
And then I had to find a working phone box and put my 10p into the phone and call them.

"2grams of phet. a quarter of squidy. 7pm. peace and love. calum"

happy
The prime ministers driver had 4d to make a call. The PM was contacted by pager if there was an international emergency.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.