Pampered players

To be honest I get tired of this kind of one size fits all thread, with its "they earn gobs and gobs of cash, therefore they are pampered and divorced from reality" sentiment. It's an easy crutch to reach for and particularly after a day like yesterday. You think Joe Hart doesn't care, or Vinny or Zab or Fernandinho or Clichy? They might not feel the same as we do, because they didn't grow up as City fans, and there might be one or two that won't be in the least concerned this morning as the housemaid ensures the toast is light and golden on both sides and the marmalade is Wilkins' finest blend, but generally I think it's cobblers that the players aren't trying and don't care if they lose

how could you even prove that to be true

Wasn't there a report somewhere showing that the players when they finish training their cars are pulled up in order of who's coming out and they are prepped ready for the players? Will try and find it mate

I know an agent who works mainly with younger players and even these 18/19 year-olds want everything doing for them. One wanted his car taken in because he claimed the CD player wasn't working as he couldn't insert a new CD. When the agent took it in, they found he just hadn't ejected the one that was already in the player.

Yep, yer don't mind losing, even a derby, but they've got to put some effort in. Pellers seems to think that teams are gonna do the same as us - let us play passing football with ne'er a tackle getting in the way, and refs are gonna arbitrate according to the black and white of the Laws of the Game. Just doesn't work like that!
They're putting in effort...just not as much as the opposition.

To be honest I get tired of this kind of one size fits all thread, with its "they earn gobs and gobs of cash, therefore they are pampered and divorced from reality" sentiment. It's an easy crutch to reach for and particularly after a day like yesterday. You think Joe Hart doesn't care, or Vinny or Zab or Fernandinho or Clichy? They might not feel the same as we do, because they didn't grow up as City fans, and there might be one or two that won't be in the least concerned this morning as the housemaid ensures the toast is light and golden on both sides and the marmalade is Wilkins' finest blend, but generally I think it's cobblers that the players aren't trying and don't care if they lose

Apart from the bit about the housemaids (which made me smile for the first time since 6.00 last night) I totally agree with that post. Zaba, who should have been on the pitch yesterday, in particular will be as depressed as we are this morning, Clichy, who ran to the very end of that game and put his heart into it and others on that team will be gutted today.

We are City, we will bounce back, we will keep 4th place, ok it will be a struggle now but we'll do it. Come on the Blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.