Panti or Hart tomorrow - Quick survey

Really tough call as we're only a quarter into the season. I'd hope that Txiki is sounding out some top keepers as if all this goes tits then we will need a new keeper in Jan.

Norwich at home should be an easy enough game which could have given Joe a potential clean sheet but then again Pants has never let us down, and got stiffed in the Cup last year, so on the balance he probably deserves the chance.

Either way, I'd definitely be trying to see if we can buy a new keeper in Jan. Joe has never imo been as good as some make out, he's really poor at commanding his box and coming for crosses. There are better goalies out there we could get, for sure.

Hart dropped today

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24778956" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24778956</a>

LoveCity said:
It's been made known by someone to the press that Pantilimon was to hand in a transfer request if not picked tomorrow (which he will be). In a way you couldn't blame him as the message would be "Joe Hart can be so out of form that goalkeeping basics have eluded him... and still they won't play me in the league", but anyway it looks like that won't be a problem. Hard to believe it will be Panti's first Premier League game after over 2 years of being here.

"Someone let the press know if he isn't picked he will put in a transfer request" See this is the shit the media are lining up to write if by any chance Hart is picked! As it looks hart will be dropped the Sunday papers will be in overdrive with

"No English man starts for city"

"Harts England's career hangs in the balance"

or

"Hodgson tells hart he needs to play"!

I know they have a job to do but they drag stories out like this for months which will put a lot of pressure on Panty and in around about way Hart and the whole squad...

1961_vintage said:
It has to be a Pantene rather than Head n Shoulders occasion.
What a shame dan druff isn't playing up front for Norwich .it would have made a great headline.

CC1 said:
waspish said:
Midweek Panty flapped at a ball but got lucky if he didn't get lucky there is another headline! If he makes a mistake tomorrow and costs us a goal the media will be all over it and then the pressure will start on Panty! Personally if give Hart longer to get his decision making and form back because we are now playing totally different to under Mancini! It's about the back 5 not just the goalie..

Exactly - Not many teams have played as many defensive players in front of their goalie as City.

We should stop making excuses. His shots to save ratio is awful. His indecision is terrible. His distribution is woeful. He is a professional goalkeeper. No matter who is in front of him when it is his turn to do his job he hasn't been doing on too many costly occasions.

Pantillimon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.