Panti or Hart tomorrow - Quick survey

black mamba said:
Pantilimon should be given a few games now , or else he'll feel that no matter how well he performs here there's no real hope of him ever getting the job , and that's not right ...... Joe Hart is currently making mistakes , and it's costing us goals , he needs to know that if others don't make mistakes they'll stay in the team.

I would agree if Pants had put in a worldly performance on Wednesday but it was a fairly typical goalkeeping night

Carver said:
Micah;-) Get him some practice in for emergency situations.

Seriously though, it shouldn't matter whether wee play Hart or Pants in goal tomorrow, we should still be able to beat Norwich. so the questions are these:

1. Play Hart and Pantillimon will know that he's never going to get a chance to be no.1 pick. Will he then think 'oh fuck it' and stop pushing Hart.

2. Play Pants. Will this give Joe the kick up the arse that he so richly deserves or will it destroy him? Pants does seem a bit short on confidence, so it will do him the world of good.

3. Who's the better keeper, well it's Joe, but he's not on form. Joe is more vocal and this used to help the defence out too. Pants is more the let them sort it out themselves type of guy.

Joe's the better keeper in the long run. I don't like change for change sake, but it's come to the point where he needs to sort himself out. Time to give Pants his reward and I think Joe will respond well to a kick up the arse.

+ 1

Play the better keeper no the over-hyped one so there is no question its Panti

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Outlaw said:
Pantillimon; we should let him play 3 league matches and then start rotating him with Hart.

Once Hart's confidence and focus are back, then he can take back his no.1 spot.

Rotating goalkeepers is not a good option, spurs tried it last year for first 8-10 games after buying LLoris and were pretty poor only once Lloris was given starting spot on constant basis they improved

Lloris was just bought at that season; as I recall it, AVB sticked with Friedel until he was pressured by France's national coach.

Their situation was different than ours; rotation might work for us, and ultimately positively for Hart's career.

Pants and for the game at Sunderland (unless he's crap tomorrow). But tell Joe that he'll be in on Wednesday and tell him right now. That way Joe knows he's got him breathing down his neck, that he's still rated as the number 1 and gives Pants the vibe that it isn't beyond him to supplant Joe as number 1. Go off for international break time and think about it.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
black mamba said:
Pantilimon should be given a few games now , or else he'll feel that no matter how well he performs here there's no real hope of him ever getting the job , and that's not right ...... Joe Hart is currently making mistakes , and it's costing us goals , he needs to know that if others don't make mistakes they'll stay in the team.

I would agree if Pants had put in a worldly performance on Wednesday but it was a fairly typical goalkeeping night

It was , and there's no doubting that we got lucky on occasion ..... but at the end of the day it was job done , and Pantilimon didn't concede a goal ..... he can't really do anymore than that !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.