Pantilimon

SiWatts90 said:
Absolutely made up for him, heard yesterday either his parents or his partners parents had gone to watch as well so glad he has got his big day, one of the best bits about good cup runs is the second keeper gets a fair crack so it is good news all round!

dead chuffed for him and great to see the shared joy when Joe came on to celebrate with him after the game

Airbus said:
Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
I'm glad he got a medal today. It means we don't need to play him in big games ever again.

He's competent and commands his box well from high crosses, but if we had an outfield player that is average as he is in goal we'd be selling him this summer because he's not good enough to take us one level up.

Lescott and Richards are probably going to be sold for the same reason.

I think it was nice that he ran the full length of the pitch to celebrate with the team, and I think he's been nice enough to keep his gob shut for most of the time he's been at the club - but keeping your gob shut doesn't mean you deserve a new contract.

He should have been out earlier for Borini's goal, and when he finally was out of his goal he didn't spread himself wide enough. He's terrible at one-on-ones, can't deal with low crosses and doesn't have as much agility as Hart does.

He doesn't make a lot of mistakes, Pantilimon, but he just "does a job". If we had an outfield player who just "did a job" he'd be labelled as one-dimensional and a waste of air. Garcia has been hit with these insults by many, I'm sure.

I like Pantilimon. I think he's a nice guy. He's also a decent goalkeeper. But is he good enough to fill in for Hart? I don't know.

Just as a little side note, I'm sure Mancini left Pantilimon out of the FA Cup final last year because three days before the final he effectively handed in a transfer request by running to the press and saying he didn't see his future at the club.

I like him. He's gangly and smiley and clearly wants to win games. But so does Hart, and Hart's the better keeper.

He didn't run to any press ... as usual the press had 'linked' him to another club ... days before our big game ... what's new in that?

Also, with Joe in goal, there was no way we'd have scored that second goal by Nasri ... I suggest you watch the replay of that ... and then try and find any one single instance where Joe can re-start the game back again and find his own player like that ... like ever!

PS. I think you use Head & Shoulders as your shampoo too!
I will concede that Pantilimon's kicking started the move for our second goal, but I don't think a couple of instances of good goalkeeping ability mean that he's automatically better than Joe Hart.

I do use Head & Shoulders as it happens. Gotta keep my hair flake free! Haha.

Is this thread gonna turn into a joe vs Costel debate again? I hope joe's supporters can go to the other thread for that

nehe11 said:
I'm glad he got a medal today. It means we don't need to play him in big games ever again.

He's competent and commands his box well from high crosses, but if we had an outfield player that is average as he is in goal we'd be selling him this summer because he's not good enough to take us one level up.

I think it was nice that he ran the full length of the pitch to celebrate with the team, and I think he's been nice enough to keep his gob shut for most of the time he's been at the club - but keeping your gob shut doesn't mean you deserve a new contract.

He should have been out earlier for Borini's goal, and when he finally was out of his goal he didn't spread himself wide enough. He's terrible at one-on-ones, can't deal with low crosses and doesn't have as much agility as Hart does.

He doesn't make a lot of mistakes, Pantilimon, but he just "does a job". If we had an outfield player who just "did a job" he'd be labelled as one-dimensional and a waste of air. Garcia has been hit with these insults by many, I'm sure.

I like Pantilimon. I think he's a nice guy. He's also a decent goalkeeper. But is he good enough to fill in for Hart? I don't know.

Just as a little side note, I'm sure Mancini left Pantilimon out of the FA Cup final last year because three days before the final he effectively handed in a transfer request by running to the press and saying he didn't see his future at the club.

I like him. He's gangly and smiley and clearly wants to win games. But so does Hart, and Hart's the better keeper.
I suppose you missed the Mata save against Chelsea in the Fa cup semi at wembley last year.
Javi Garcia scored a goal once. Does that make him a striker?

-- Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:12 pm --

GaudinoMotors said:

Shame we had to read all that until we got to your opinion.
The thread was about Pantilimon so I gave my opinion on his performances before dropping Hart in at the end.

Doesn't justify your smart-aleck response.
Did he play as a striker? Hasen´t he helped us get to two finals, diden´t he do a job when Joe was dropped as a result of him costing us games in the leauge. Joe seems to have a weakness on his lefthand side should we look to bring in another keeper?

Who would you have instead of Panty and apart from Casillias can you mention a second keeper who´s better then him.

If the policy continues of picking Costel in the domestic cup competitions, he might end up with more medals than Joe!!

Blue and Proud said:
If the policy continues of picking Costel in the domestic cup competitions, he might end up with more medals than Joe!!

Did the unused subs get a medal on Sunday ? Just wondering if Lescott got his set.

blueparrot said:
Blue and Proud said:

Did the unused subs get a medal on Sunday ? Just wondering if Lescott got his set.
should do... everyone on the teamsheet gets one, i think... poor if they dont

nehe11 said:
Who would you have instead of Panty and apart from Casillias can you mention a second keeper who´s better then him.
It depends.

There are thousands of goalkeepers out there better than Pantilimon, but finding one willing to play second fiddle to Hart would narrow it down.

It's the same with Dzeko. There are thousands of strikers out there better than Dzeko, but finding one willing to be 3rd or perhaps 4th striker would be nigh on impossible.

In terms of replacing Pantilimon, I wouldn't mind taking on someone like Jack Butland. He would increase our home grown quota and be willing to play second fiddle considering he's been doing it at Stoke ever since he signed for them.

The man between the sticks for Sunderland yesterday wouldn't be the worst option either. Would anyone object to taking Kasper Schmeichel or Ali Al-Habsi on a permanent basis?

Pantilimon isn't necessarily on my "MUST BE SOLD IMMEDIATELY" list, I just think we could do better than him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.