Parade to be on monday if.....

Syewood said:
My thinking is that the police have suggested Monday for City, as most City fans are from in and around Manchester, where as United have been suggested Wednesday because it would take that long for the majority of their fans to sort flights out from various destinations across the World and Would cause lots of traffic congestion on Monday evening from traffic travelling up from London......... Just a thought ;-)

Oh how right you are : )

Rightly or wrongly the Monday is probably the best day to do it on. The euphoria will spill over and continue as one big party rather than leaving it for a week. My missus will be at the game but miss the parade, the only critiscism really is that the council could have easily looked into this about a fortnight ago and announced the dates and times for both clubs.

Stretford Born Blue said:
ANYBODY KNOW THE ROUTE.........?

Apparently the route will be - 18.00 Albert Square-Princess Street-Portland Street-Chepstow Street-Gt Bridgwater Street-Albion Street-Whitworth Street West-Deansgate-St Mary's Gate-Corporation Street and ending in Exchange Square near Shambles Square.

I am told by a red that the reason that they can't have it on Monday is its their player of the year awards. Hope its a City centre location.....

My old man knows someone who works for the council that has been involved in the route planning for the potential parade on Monday. Apparently, the route will NOT end at The Etihad. Bit gutted about that - it was quality last time. I hope it's not true, but he seemed pretty certain about it.

Maccblue said:
I am told by a red that the reason that they can't have it on Monday is its their player of the year awards. Hope its a City centre location.....

No, they are playing in Northern Ireland Tuesday night.

However, should they win it, the rags parade will start on Wednesday at Basingstoke town hall and go around Basingstoke town centre.

Thursday it will be Barking town hall and Friday Tunbridge Wells.

Bit hasty isn't it? When we won the FA Cup, the parade was a week later on the Monday - not straight after the weekend.

I'd be surprised if a parade was on the Monday, even if the M.E.N claims so. Supporters and city centre workers should be given prompt time to organise their day. A recipe for disaster if I may so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.