Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

Just watched the men’s heavyweight Taekwondo gold medal match and the optimisation (minmaxing) has completely ruined it as a spectacle.

I don’t doubt either our martial artist or Iran’s are extremely skilled, but the tactics of the actual fight made it look barely like a fight, much less a top, top level one.

It’s the same for Judo. It has been professionalised and optimised to the point of boring.

@MCFC1993 You mentioned Boxing could be dropped for L.A. 2028 and presumably brake dancing will go too, will they get replaced by different sports or will more disciplines be added to existing sports?

@MCFC1993 You mentioned Boxing could be dropped for L.A. 2028 and presumably brake dancing will go too, will they get replaced by different sports or will more disciplines be added to existing sports?
Boxing will be dropped unless the IOC and IBA make up. Remains to be seen how important the Olympics is to boxing.

This is the first Olympics for breaking, I personally think it's the wrong platform for it. It's not a sport, it's a different form of entertainment, like acting and singing. Breaking has been dropped for 2028.

New sports are introduced all of the time but I believe certain criteria have to be met. Skateboarding, surfing and sport climbing were added in Tokyo. Haven't watched surfing, skateboarding is a lot better than I imagined, sport climbing is brilliant.

Flag football and squash have been added for 2028.
Cricket, baseball/softball and lacrosse are returning for 2028.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.