Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

Resisted the temptation to watch the Breakdancing, but curiosity got the better of me so youtubed some of it.
Now Im all for adding proper sports and events to the Olympics, apart from mixed doubles, but what in the name of Bonepart's balls is Breakdancing doing here?
An absolute abomenation and a total insult to all proper olympians. Needs fucking off right now.

Last edited:
Breaks my heart admitting this, but the Aussie medal haul is amazing. 22 million people, the medal to population ratio must be the best in the world.
I think I heard somewhere that New Zealand had the best medal haul to population ratio and Bangladesh had the worst. It was a while ago so it might have changed now.

I thought the social media taking the piss out of that Australian breakdancer was getting a bit out of hand, basically bullying a young girl. Then I found out she’s a 36 year-old university lecturer.

Here we are, the last day, it’s been fun, I’ve loved watching some of the sports that much that I might pay more attention to them throughout the year, maybe a thread to track some of the stars throughout the Olympic cycle, who knows.

Anyway 10 medals up for grabs for GB today, I think 4 or 5 is a real possibility, maybe 2+ gold (there could be more but not getting carried away).

GB Schedule
11th August

07:00 – Athletics – Women’s Marathon – FINAL – Clara Evans (GBR), Rose Harvey (GBR), Calli Hauger-Thackery (GBR)
10:00 – Cycling Track – Women’s Omnium – Scratch Race 1/4 – Neah Evans (GBR)
10:00 – Modern Pentathlon – Women’s Individual – Final Riding Show Jumping – Kerenza Bryson (GBR), Kate French (GBR)
10:22 – Cycling Track – Women’s Sprint – Semi-Finals Race 1 – Emma Finucane (GBR) v Ellesse Andrews (NZL)
10:29 – Cycling Track – Men’s Keirin – Quarterfinals – Jack Carlin (GBR), Hamish Turnbull (GBR)
10:30 – Weightlifting – Women’s +81kg – FINAL – Emily Campbell (GBR)
10:40 – Modern Pentathlon – Women’s Individual – Final Fencing Bonus Round – Kerenza Bryson (GBR), Kate French (GBR)
10:50 – Cycling Track – Women’s Sprint – Semi-Finals Race 2 – Emma Finucane (GBR) v Ellesse Andrews (NZL)
10:57 – Cycling Track – Women’s Omnium – Tempo Race 2/4 – Neah Evans (GBR)
11:10 – Modern Pentathlon – Women’s Individual – Final Swimming 200m Freestyle – Kerenza Bryson (GBR), Kate French (GBR)
11:18 – Cycling Track – Women’s Sprint – Semi-Finals Race 1 – Emma Finucane (GBR) v Ellesse Andrews (NZL) if needed.
11:25 – Cycling Track – Women’s Sprint – 5th-8th places – Sophie Capewell (GBR)
11:29 – Cycling Track – Men’s Keirin – Semifinals – If Jack Carlin (GBR) and/or Hamish Turnbull (GBR) qualify.
11:40 – Modern Pentathlon – Women’s Individual – FINAL EVENT Laser Run – Kerenza Bryson (GBR), Kate French (GBR)
11:45 – Cycling Track – Women’s Sprint – FINAL RACE 1 – If Emma Finucane (GBR) qualifies.
12:15 – Cycling Track – Women’s Sprint – FINAL RACE 2 – If Emma Finucane (GBR) qualifies.
12:44 – Cycling Track – Women’s Sprint – FINAL RACE 3 IF NEEDED – If Emma Finucane (GBR) qualifies.
11:53 – Cycling Track – Women’s Omnium – Elimination Race 3/4 – Neah Evans (GBR)
12:23 – Cycling Track – Men’s Keirin – FINAL – If Jack Carlin (GBR) and/or Hamish Turnbull (GBR) qualify.
12:56 – Cycling Track – Women’s Omnium – POINTS RACE 4/4 – Neah Evans (GBR)

20:00 – Closing Ceremony

As mentioned I think there are at least a couple of gold medal opportunities today.
1000012850.jpg
I don’t think France are expecting another gold, they’re in the final of the women’s basketball but USA should win that. We could get 5th which would be very good. There is a semi-realistic chance of 4 gold medals which could get 3rd but not going to get carried away.

If we ignore the 1908 Olympic Games in London where we somehow got 146 medals, must have been the only athletes in some events. Then, the last 5 Olympics have been our most successful and I hope it continues. 5 medals to be our biggest haul in the modern era.
1000012852.jpg

The near misses for gold the only real disappointment but we've still had a very good Olympic Games.

So that's OK then.
Well yeah. Thought it was a young girl trying her best, but it was a fully grown woman who's having a laugh. Obviously because she's a woman, everyone has to get all protective in a way they weren't for Eric the Eel or Eddie the Eagle though.

I have enjoyed the Olympics, I wasn't bothered to start with but towards the end of them I started to getting a niggling feeling.
Something doesn't seem right about the performances of the USA. Yes I expect them to be top afterall they are a huge country with alot more people to choose from.
Some of the USA winning distances seem odd, it reminds me of Lance Armstrong.

I have enjoyed the Olympics, I wasn't bothered to start with but towards the end of them I started to getting a niggling feeling.
Something doesn't seem right about the performances of the USA. Yes I expect them to be top afterall they are a huge country with alot more people to choose from.
Some of the USA winning distances seem odd, it reminds me of Lance Armstrong.
And, there it is!

Put up or shut up!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.