Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

He failed a gender test for the world championships as he was found to have xy chromosomes which means he's a bloke.
This isn’t the world championships though.

There also should be another thread for this chat as this is to celebrate the athletes, not have page after page of gender ideology.

In the gymnastics high-bar, why do the coaches step in when the women are jumping from one to the other, and stick an arm out under them?

What will that arm do exactly if they miss the bar?

This isn’t the world championships though.

There also should be another thread for this chat as this is to celebrate the athletes, not have page after page of gender ideology.

Nobody is celebrating men beating women up Dibley, if that's your aim then you are most definitely in the wrong thread.

Exactly, the boxer herself has done nothing wrong, its the IOC at fault for not having clearer rules around DSD in boxing, they ignored the IBF ruling. World athletics had to put rules in place when they were having issues.

It’s weird because I’ve heard people repeatedly, and I mean repeatedly ad nauseam, for years and years, bang on about the fact there are only two genders. If you have a penis you are a man. I was told it was that simple. Everything else is just delusional gender ideology.

Yet here we have somebody who according to medical experts was born assigned as female with a vagina, but with XY chromosomes, and now we’re being told by the same people that she is a man? So we’re just abandoning the whole vagina standard now are we, because it’s convenient?

Some people really cannot win can they? It’s almost like gender is actually quite nuanced and complex and stupid broad statements about penises and vaginas are actually totally useless platitudes.

Didn't realise that gymnast Alice Kinsella is the daughter of former footballer Mark Kinsella

When ever I watch the Olympics it always seems to me as if it's too easy to win a load of medals in swimming. If you are good at swimming you generally seem to be good at most swimming styles over most distances. And there are a huge ammount of medals to go for, dare I say many more than other sports?
Well; there's 4 different strokes and 5 or 6 (?) different distances. And that's before you remember there's Men's and Women's events. And then the relays. That's a serious chunk of medals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.