Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

I used to love the Olympics and watch pretty much anything and everything but I don't feel that bothered this time around, maybe due to the Euro's and a sport burnout!

I'm sure I'll get into it. I always enjoy the swimming, cycling and athletics. The rest of it I'm not too bothered but hopefully GB do well and finish high up the table.

So far the news is dominated by a woman who beat a horse so isn't going and a man who raped a child and is. What a world.

I saw the piece on the news last night regarding the security arrangements being put in place just to hold the floating opening ceremony on the Seine.
Whole swathes of Paris were cordoned off. Cafes and other small businesses had no customers, and locals and tourists alike were having to make huge detours to get to where they wanted to be.
All seemed a bit pointless to me, just for a show to make Paris and the IOC look self important.
I thought the games were meant to be about sport, not putting on a spectacle.
All about the show, the sport is a byproduct of it.

We have Argentina vs Morocco on one laptop and Australia vs Samoa on the other.

I love rugby sevens. It’s so fast paced and very entertaining.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.