Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

As usual I'll share my GB Schedule:

Team GB Schedule
Sat 27th July

Some times might not be bang on but more a reflection of when the event starts i.e. the Cycling time trial where the athletes will go off staggered.

08:00 - Shooting - Mixed Team - 10m Air Rifle - S McIntosh/MBargeron
09:00 - Hockey - Men's - Groups - Great Britain v Spain
09:10 - Badminton - Men's Doubles - Chia/Sohn (MAS) v Lane/Vendy (GBR)
10:00 - Artistic Gymnastics - Men's Qualification - J Fraser, L Whitehouse, H Hepworth, J Jarman, M Whitlock
10:00 - Diving - Womens's Synchronised 3m Springboard - FINAL - Y Harper, S Mew Jensen
10:00 - Swimming - 100m Butterfly - Women's - Heats - KL MacInnes
10:18 - Equestrian - Team & Individual Dressage - T McEwen
10:30 - Swimming - 100m Butterfly - Heats - J Wilby, A Peaty
11:00 - Rowing - Womens's Double Sculls - M Hodgkins Byrne, R Wilde
11:00 - Tennis - Men's Singles - Jack Draper (GBR) v Kei Nishikori (JPN)
11:15 - Swimming - Women's 4 x 100m freestyle - Great Britain
11:22 - Swimming - Men's Freestyle - Heats - K Bird
11:26 - Swimming - Men's 4 x 100m freestyle - Great Britain
11:30 - Rowing - Men's Quadruple Sculls - Heats - Great Britain
11:50 - Rowing - Men's Quadruple Sculls - Heats - Great Britain
13:00 estimate, follows Draper v Nishikori - Tennis - Men's Singles - Gallon Griekspoor (NED) v Cameron Norrie (GBR)
13:30 - Cycling Road - Women's Time Trial - FINAL - A Henderson
14:00 - Canoe Slalom - Men's Canoe Single - Heats 1st Run - A Burgess
14:27 - Equestrian - Team & Individual Dressage - L Collett
15:00 estimate, follows Griekspoor v Norrie - Tennis - Men's Singles - Moez Echargui (TUN) v Evans (GBR)
15:00 estimate - follows 2 matches - Tennis - Women's Singles - Anna Schmiedlova (SVK) v Kate Boulter (GBR)
15:00 - Canoe Slalom - Kayak Single - Heats 1st Run - K Woods
15:00 til the evening - Judo - No Info but there Will be British involvement
15:32 - Cycling Road - Men's Indigidual Time Trial - FINAL - J Tarling
16:10 - Canoe Slalom - Men's Canoe Single - Heats 2nd Run - A Burgess
17:10 - Canoe Slalom - Kayak Single - Heats 2nd Run - K Woods
17:21 - Equestrian - Team & Individual Dressage - R Canter
19:00 - Boxing - Women's 54kg - Round of 32 - Charley Davidson (GBR) v Hatice Akbas (TUR)
19:30 - Swimming - 100m Butterfly - Women's - Semifinals - KL MacInnes
20:12 - Swimming - Men's 100m Breaststroke - Semifinals - A Peaty
20:34 - Swimming - Women's 4 x 100m freestyle - FINAL - Great Britain
20:44 - Swimming - Men's 4 x 100m freestyle - FINAL - Great Britain

What else is on?

Last edited:
Gojira were quality, never fails to make me laugh at how confused bbc commentators are by metal bands

I thought it was the best part by a mile. Mario going ham on the drums to a symphonic chorus of “we will hang the aristocracy” and blood red streamers exploding out of the building. And death growls. I think that might be peak metal.

Think I’ll give From Mars to Sirius another spin this weekend.

Hoisting of the Olympic flag upside down just about sums up the abomination of an opening ceremony!

Not watched but the general vibes seems to be …

‘Actually , this has been amazing ‘

Or

‘wtf is this woke shit, awful’

With no In-between
I watched about an hour and a half, but I didn’t care about any “woke shit” but I still thought it was wank. Nice idea, but in reality it ended up not working for me. I’m in Asia, so the plan was to watch the performance bit and then go to bed when they did the athletes parade. But the way it was done meant you’d have to watch the full 4 hours or whatever it was. And because of that, they didn’t really seem to have any spectacular set pieces like London or Beijing did in the past. Maybe they did at the end. The metal band bit was decent. Probably the highlight for me. But overall, it was just a bit disjointed. Some boats, Lady Gaga, more boats, a few people dancing around, more boats, a prerecorded bit…

Sometimes I genuine wasn’t sure whether something was a performance starting or just a cutaway to a bunch of the more general dancers, and because the performers didn’t really know when they were appearing on camera (no overall rehearsal) they weren’t always doing something good when they got on camera. It reminded me of watching a parade where it’s a bunch of people in fun costumes and occasionally you’d see something vaguely fun, but it might happen a bit further down the road so you don’t get to see it properly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.