Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

Not a patch on London’s.I still love the 10 minutes when Redgrave brings the torch into the stadium and the kids run the torch round the track.
Anyway, best bit last night was the mechanical horse on the Seine, and the white horse across the bridge followed by the flags. looked fantastic
The rest, meh.
That, along with the supposed last supper scene, has got a lot of people triggered. It’s hilarious what winds people up.

As for the show. The torch eventual lighting was good and whilst I’m not a fan, Celine Dion singing that there was quite the thing, especially given what the last few years have been like for her. As you say though, the rest was meh.

That, along with the supposed last supper scene, has got a lot of people triggered. It’s hilarious what winds people up.

As for the show. The torch eventual lighting was good and whilst I’m not a fan, Celine Dion singing that there was quite the thing, especially given what the last few years have been like for her. As you say though, the rest was meh.
Not religious myself but not sure why you think it's hilarious to take the piss out of people who are Christians, did they take the piss out of islam of course they didn't .

Not religious myself but not sure why you think it's hilarious to take the piss out of people who are Christians, did they take the piss out of islam of course they didn't .
Sounds like a quote taken directly off Twitter.

Anything that takes the piss out of any religion, you know, fake gods and all that, will always be funny.

Never mind the Olympics, for all the World of Sport fans there's a really good book called The Wrestling by Simon Garfield. Les Kellett's friends and family dispute the portrayl of him but aside from that it's a really interesting, quite poignant, book.

Sounds like a quote taken directly off Twitter.

Anything that takes the piss out of any religion, you know, fake gods and all that, will always be funny.

Go to Rushholme and start taking the piss out of the prophet then mate, I can't wait to hear your funny story of how everybody laughed along with you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.