Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

That Lyles is so annoying he must be a rag supporter
I know you were guessing but.... you can watch the video below to see if you are correct...

For the record, I was there in Nashville that day rep'ing our Blues, but I had left Fanfest by the time this segment took place. I already got to meet Moonchester and get pics with the EPL trophy.

Also, Usain Bolt encouraged Lyles to go over the top personality-wise prior to these games in an NBC segment aired today. I realize most of you probably didn't see that on the BBC.

Usain Bolt, btw, not a brash American, but he too walked the walk after all the talk.

I know you were guessing but.... you can watch the video below to see if you are correct...

For the record, I was there in Nashville that day rep'ing our Blues, but I had left Fanfest by the time this segment took place. I already got to meet Moonchester and get pics with the EPL trophy.

Also, Usain Bolt encouraged Lyles to go over the top personality-wise prior to these games in an NBC segment aired today. I realize most of you probably didn't see that on the BBC.

Usain Bolt, btw, not a brash American, but he too walked the walk after all the talk.
What makes it slightly easier is that Thompson isn’t much better. He’s brash too.

I wanted Seville to win as he seemed a normal bloke with a smooth running style.

Well, either him, or Fred Kerley as his name sounds like he’s from Accrington.

What makes it slightly easier is that Thompson isn’t much better. He’s brash too.
Was thinking he was going to win as the NBC announcers talked him of the favourite.
I wanted Seville to win as he seemed a normal bloke with a smooth running style.

Well, either him, or Fred Kerley as his name sounds like he’s from Accrington.
I was actually shocked at how much Seville faded down the stretch in that race. He did so well in the semis, but then again, I think some of the others (including Lyles) were holding back more than realized there. I think Lyles was more than happy to have Seville have that win in the semis for what he had planned in the finals.

And I too was hoping Kerley would medal, but I didn't think he was going to win that. That was so close, I really couldn't tell who finished 3rd.

Yeah, how the Olympic Games does not have the wherewithal to look at a protest and see whether there was a hit or not is quite staggering. And the guy who had REFEREE on his back looked like a latter day Mr Magoo!
My ERO has just told me it was a Mrs/Ms/Miss Magoo or just plain Person Magoo!

The 1500m men's final looks loaded too. 3 US runners through, 2 from GB, and of course the Norwegian.

I'm personally cheering for Hobbs Kessler from Ann Arbor, MI, but he probably won't be the favourite for that run. He ran a smart race today.

The 1500m men's final looks loaded too. 3 US runners through, 2 from GB, and of course the Norwegian.

I'm personally cheering for Hobbs Kessler from Ann Arbor, MI, but he probably won't be the favourite for that run. He ran a smart race today.

Hoping Josh Kerr does it.

Ingebritsen will set a fast pace, that's his best chance as Kerr probably has the fastest finish in the field.

GB Schedule
5th August

Hopefully a couple more medals today, Keely deserves that Gold but she's going to have to earn it. I'd love us to defend our mixed triathlon title. Track Cycling starts, hopefully there's a few medals in that for us.

07:00 – Triathlon – Mixed Relay – FINAL – Alex Yee, Georgia Taylor-Brown, Samuel Dickinson & Beth Potter (GBR)
09:00 – Diving – Women’s 10m Platform Preliminary – Lois Toulson (GBR), Andrea Spendolini Sirieix (GBR)
09:00 – Sport Climbing – Men’s Boulder & Lead, Semifinal Boulder – Hamish McArthur (GBR), Toby Roberts (GBR)
09:05 – Athletics – Men’s 400m Hurdles – Round 1 – Alastair Chalmers (GBR)
09:10 – Athletics – Men’s Discus Throw Qualification – Nicolas Percy (GBR), Lawrence Okoye (GBR)
09:40 – Athletics – Women’s Pole Vault Qualification – Holly Bradshaw (GBR), Molly Caudery (GBR)
09:50 – Athletics – Women’s 400m Hurdles – Repechage Round – Jessie Knight (GBR)
10:55 – Athletics – Women’s 400m – Round 1 – Laviai Nielsen (GBR), Amber Anning (GBR), Victoria Ohuruogu (GBR)
11:03 – Sailing – Women’s Kite – Race 5, 6, 7 & 8 – Eleanor Aldridge (GBR)
11:05 – Sailing – Mixed Multihull – Race 7, 8 & 9 – John Gimson & Anna Burnet (GBR)
11:15 – Sailing – Women’s Dinghy – Race 9 & 10 – Hannah Snellgrove (GBR)
11:23 – Sailing – Men’s Kite – Race 5, 6, 7 & 8 – Connor Bainbridge (GBR)
13:00 – Equestrian – Jumping Individual Qualifier – Harry Charles (GBR), Scott Brash (GBR), Ben Maher (GBR)
13:45 – Sailing – Men’s Dinghy – Race 9 & 10 – Michael Beckett (GBR)
14:00 – Diving – Women’s 10m Platform Semifinal – If Lois Toulson (GBR) and/or Andrea Spendolini Sirieix (GBR) qualify.
14:30 – Canoe Slalom – Women’s Kayak Cross – Quarterfinals - Mallory Franklin (GBR), Kimberley Woods (GBR)
14:35 – Sailing – Mixed Dinghy – Race 7 & 8 – Vita Heathcote & Chris Grube (GBR)
14:52 – Canoe Slalom – Men’s Kayak Cross – Quarterfinals – Joseph Clarke (GBR)
15:15 – Canoe Slalom – Women’s Kayak Cross – Semifinals – If Mallory Franklin (GBR) and/or Kimberley Woods (GBR) qualify.
15:28 – Canoe Slalom – Men’s Kayak Cross – Semifinals – If Joseph Clarke (GBR) qualifies.
15:43 – Canoe Slalom – Women’s Kayak Cross – FINAL – If Mallory Franklin (GBR) and/or Kimberley Woods (GBR) qualify.
15:48 – Canoe Slalom – Men’s Kayak Cross – FINAL – If Joseph Clarke (GBR) qualifies.
16:00 – Cycling Track – Women’s Team Sprint – Qualifying – Katy Marchant, Sophie Capewell & Emma Finucane (GBR)
16:27 – Cycling Track – Men’s Team Pursuit – Qualifying – Ethan Hayter, Oliver Wood, Daniel Bigham & Ethan Vernon (GBR)
16:30 – Hockey – Women’s – Quarter-final – Netherlands v Great Britain
17:55 – Cycling Track – Women’s Team Sprint – First Round – If Katy Marchant, Sophie Capewell & Emma Finucane (GBR) qualify.
18:09 – Cycling Track – Men’s Team Sprint – Qualifying – Ed Lowe, Hamish Turnbull & Jack Carlin (GBR)
18:46 – 18:59 – Cycling Track – Women’s Team Sprint – FINAL – If Katy Marchant, Sophie Capewell & Emma Finucane (GBR) qualify.
18:55 – Athletics – Men’s 200m – Round 1 – Zharnel Hughes (GBR)
19:45 – Athletics – Women’s 200m – Semi-Final – Daryll Neita (GBR), Dina Asher-Smith (GBR), Bianca Williams (GBR)
20:47 – Athletics – Women’s 800m – FINAL – Keely Hodgkinson (GBR)

Athletics Schedule
09:05 – Men’s 400m Hurdles – Round 1
09:10 – Men’s Discus Throw – Qualification
09:40 – Women’s Pole Vault – Qualification
09:50 – Women’s 400m Hurdles – Repechage Round
10:20 – Men’s 400m – Repechage Round
10:55 – Women’s 400m – Round 1
11:50 – Women’s 200m – Repechage Round
18:00 – Men’s Pole Vault – FINAL
18:04 – Men’s 3000m Steeplechase – Round 1
18:55 – Men’s 200m – Round 1
19:30 – Women’s Discus Throw - FINAL
19:45 – Women’s 200m – Semi-Final
20:15 – Women’s 5000m – FINAL
20:47 – Women’s 800m - FINAL

Hoping Josh Kerr does it.

Ingebritsen will set a fast pace, that's his best chance as Kerr probably has the fastest finish in the field.
NBC had a nice segment on the Ingebritsen-Kerr rivalry during the first day of those trials.

If it's between those two, then no question it is Kerr for me too. Actually, I'll take the field over Ingebritsen. Realistically, if the US has a shot, it's likely to be Nuguse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.