Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

Laura Kenny predicting 8 cycling golds, just like Jason Kenny said, that would be brilliant.

I just can't see it myself, but good to be confident and talk the talk. I reckon we're more likely to get 4-6 and I'd go 4 based on how much we seem to be finding ways to come second or third in the other events! Other than pipping the Dutch in the rowing, who then got revenge in another race, I feel like we've been the wrong side of a few - Peaty, Richards, Proud in the swimming all marginally second. I guess you'd say Yee and Pidcock given the circumstances, although Yee was favourite when he got off the bike and Pidcock was before his puncture.

To be fair she was in the 10k in Tokyo as an athlete and is a much better runner, but as a sprint format over a shorter distance and having medalled individually it was always going to be a bit more even. The commentators do my head in. Same in the kayaking then, Joe Clarke world number 1, the best in the final, renowned as a fast starter....gets an awful start!
We’re having too many near misses for me. Golds we’ve missed, Peaty, Shriever, A couple in rowing, Windsurfing, Skeet, Team Triathalon, Kayak Cross. I’m sure we expected Gold in those?

The bikes are ridiculous these days.

I was reading yesterday that the bike frame for the Japanese costs £108,000.

Here if anyone's interested:

We’re having too many near misses for me. Golds we’ve missed, Peaty, Shriever, A couple in rowing, Windsurfing, Skeet, Team Triathalon, Kayak Cross. I’m sure we expected Gold in those?
It guts me as well, but then I realise I’m a City fan and that’s what matters most. Five in a row

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.