Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

I think KJT will take the results in that 1st event.

Ran in the slower race and still beat Thiams time, only 0.04 behind Anna Hall in the fastest race.

Got to make them pay in the high jump.

The last 4 Olympic Games Golds -

2008 19
2012 29
2016 27
2020 22

With 12 at the moment that trend is very much looking downwards (2012 influenced by being at home)
That's not a huge surprise. Every country wants to do well at their home Olympics, and the benefits of that extra investment usually apply for the Olympics after that too. But then things go back to normal. We're still much better than we were when I was a kid. One gold medal in Atlanta. Three in Barcelona.

Brazil did well in Tokyo, and I suspect France will do well in Los Angeles. Japan arguably haven't had that rollover from Tokyo in Paris, but it's hard to tell until it's over, because you never know when each country's best events are coming.

I think KJT will take the results in that 1st event.

Ran in the slower race and still beat Thiams time, only 0.04 behind Anna Hall in the fastest race.

Got to make them pay in the high jump.
She had a smile on her face as well which is a good sign. High jump like you say is the key event for her having a good champs.

That's not a huge surprise. Every country wants to do well at their home Olympics, and the benefits of that extra investment usually apply for the Olympics after that too. But then things go back to normal. We're still much better than we were when I was a kid. One gold medal in Atlanta. Three in Barcelona.
Agreed - the lottery funding has made a huge difference as had more professionalism in a lot of the sports. Still a bit disappointing compared to 2016 and 2020 (2021); hopefully a few more golds to come

BBC currently showing golf. I wonder what percentage of people watching the Olympics want to watch the golf.
I really enjoyed the men’s golf (but agree golf tennis football have no place in the Olympics) but I couldn’t give a fuck about the women’s golf. In terms of bbc coverage I’ll never understand their over emphasis on gymnastics - much prefer Olympians in races, competing against each other at the same time, with no chance of dodgy refereeing

I really enjoyed the men’s golf (but agree golf tennis football have no place in the Olympics) but I couldn’t give a fuck about the women’s golf
I’m not huge into gold, but can enjoy the back few holes of a final round if it’s compeptetive.

If the BBC are hindered by only being able to show set hours of live competition a day, it seems ridiculous to waste some of that on golf. Imho.

I really enjoyed the men’s golf (but agree golf tennis football have no place in the Olympics) but I couldn’t give a fuck about the women’s golf. In terms of bbc coverage I’ll never understand their over emphasis on gymnastics - much prefer Olympians in races, competing against each other at the same time, with no chance of dodgy refereeing
I assume it gets good ratings. One of the most impressive to watch. There's a lot of stuff like sailing and judo that just don't translate to TV that well.

I’m not huge into gold, but can enjoy the back few holes of a final round if it’s compeptetive.
ooh-matron.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.