Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

6.40m for KJT but nowhere near good enough for gold unless she's launching the javelin all of a sudden.

6.40m for KJT but nowhere near good enough for gold unless she's launching the javelin all of a sudden.

Got lucky that Thiam wasn't able to further extend, but a really missed opportunity not to pull out another 50 points or so there. She'd then have a 100pt buffer and I reckon she loses about 150 on the javelin barring a miracle. But she can take 80ish back on the 800m...

KJT needs to be at her rivals in this by as much as possible and she's going to need to PB in the javelin to stand a chance of gold. She should get 100pts more in the 800m but unless she throws that spear further than before she'll lose too many points to Thiam who is looking in excellent shape.
Silver medal if she doesn't bollocks up the Javelin.

To be fair, she's the reigning world champion. Let's be honest, we've had a few athletes who are world champions who haven't quite replicated it in the Olympics.
I know but I always feel it’s the kiss of death when the media act as if all they have to do is turn up and they’ll get the gold.
I am desperate for KJT to win the Gold but am beginning to worry now!! :-)

Tebogo phenomenal on the 1st leg of the relay.

He's got the 200m and 400m world record in him one day and he finished 4th in the 100m, ridiculous talent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.