Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

I know but I always feel it’s the kiss of death when the media act as if all they have to do is turn up and they’ll get the gold.
I am desperate for KJT to win the Gold but am beginning to worry now!! :-)
There’s definitely a small something about the cyclists, swimmers and rowers (and some others) that seems to be missing in athletics competitors.

Currently KJT has a lead of just 45pts.

Seasons best in the remaining 2 events:
  • KJT = Javelin 44.88m (761pts) 800m 2:05.63 (1030pts)
  • Thiam - Javelin 53.00m (918pts) 800m 2:11.79 (939pts)
KTJ time for 800m is from 2023 and different calculators give slightly different points for the events.

But basically KJT total for the last two events is 1791pts compared to Thiam's of 1857pts a difference of 66pts.

I expect Thiam to do better than KJT so looks like a Silver for GB.

KJT has just threw close to her seasons best on her first throw, 44.64, 24cm off of it. She needs to be at least 48m and a PB to have a chance I think.

I'm no expert, but surely having a bit of speed in the run up would help to launch the javelin a bit further? Looked a pretty tame attempt on her second throw.

KJT has just threw close to her seasons best on her first throw, 44.64, 24cm off of it. She needs to be at least 48m and a PB to have a chance I think.
No chance of that pal, did you see her second throw?

Has Thiam thrown yet? If she throws 10 metres more than KJT any idea roughly how many seconds would KJT need to win the 800m by?

Edit just seen she goes at about 11:30

Last edited:
Seasons best from KJT, 45.49.

Needs Thiam to have a bit of a stinker. Anything over 50m and Thiam has gold imo.

I'm no expert, but surely having a bit of speed in the run up would help to launch the javelin a bit further? Looked a pretty tame attempt on her second throw.
Definitely needs more speed, I assume she's tried in training but her technique must fall off a cliff.

No chance of that pal, did you see her second throw?

Has Thiam thrown yet? If she throws 10 metres more than KJT any idea roughly how many seconds would KJT need to win the 800m by?
She'd probably need that cameraman from the other day to invade the track again and knock Thiam over.

Our guy Roberts is in with a great shot at a medal in the climbing. He's 3rd after bouldering, and lead is his stronger discipline. Not sure how long the break between the two are though. I reckon the Japanese kid will win it though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.