Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

It seems like a fast track, and I guess cycling is a sport when technology is still advancing
Chris Hoy explained it in technical terms yesterday. Something to do with the fact that it is a bigger track, wider at the top and the floor is an upgrade on other tracks (that's probably the technology). He used the proper terms for all that but I think that was the gist of it. :-)

Breaking (aka breakdancing)? In the Olympics?

Nope-badger.gif

Breaking (aka breakdancing)? In the Olympics?

Nope-badger.gif
"The MCs are hyping up the crowd as Nicka of Lithuania and home breaker Syssy of France complete their battle in Group B. Nicka apparently trains six hours every day! The judges see that as a fair fight and it's level at 1-1.

Next up in this Group B round-robin is Logistx versus Raygun.

So, Logistx just wiped her brow after Australian Raygun's moves. I think that means she's hyping herself up?

As music stops, the USA b-girl has picked up 18 votes from the judges and is two-nil up."

I just read that on the BBC Sport website. I have no idea what any of it means. What is a Raygun?

"The MCs are hyping up the crowd as Nicka of Lithuania and home breaker Syssy of France complete their battle in Group B. Nicka apparently trains six hours every day! The judges see that as a fair fight and it's level at 1-1.

Next up in this Group B round-robin is Logistx versus Raygun.

So, Logistx just wiped her brow after Australian Raygun's moves. I think that means she's hyping herself up?

As music stops, the USA b-girl has picked up 18 votes from the judges and is two-nil up."

I just read that on the BBC Sport website. I have no idea what any of it means. What is a Raygun?
When’s Carlton’s gold medal dance happening?

Rap battle meets Fresh Prince meets Soccer Am dance off. It’s madness.

giphy.gif

Chris Hoy explained it in technical terms yesterday. Something to do with the fact that it is a bigger track, wider at the top and the floor is an upgrade on other tracks (that's probably the technology). He used the proper terms for all that but I think that was the gist of it. :-)
SIR Chris Hoy is one of the few presenters on the BBC I actually like listening to, great athlete, great pundit, and as far as I know not asthmatic

Last edited:
China top the medal table with 31 golds. It feels like half of them have come from diving events!
*cough* Allowed to compete in swimming events in Tokyo and Paris despite confirmed doping and open investigation in to the Chinese Olympic program *cough*

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.