Paris Saint-Germain (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

Agree it’s the 4 of us. Bayern, Chelsea, Dippers, us. One of that 4 will win. I would prefer not to meet one of them in the semi. We have a very good chance again this season as long as we can maintain present form.

Bayern are a bit of an unknown to me this season. I haven't watched them play since early in the season but based on the players they have etc. I understand Sane is also back on fire.

I do firmly beleive that at our best, we are still the best team in England. Our games this season against Chelsea and the Cult support that view. Our last three performances have been of such a high standard, so it is largely about perfoming on the day in this competition. We have a free game coming up vs RBL and then it is a cup competition.

The problem we will have if we face any of the three teams that you metenion is that they can all hit us with pace on the counter, so as could have happened last night and did in Paris, we could play wonderful football, dominate and lose. That's not be being negative, it's just the vagaries of cup football. However, for our team and manager to get the full recognition they deserve for the simple but elegant football of such a high standard thet they are playing, we need to see them lifting Big Ears aloft in St Pete's.

Imperious performance again. Have to say I think that’s the best I’ve seen Mahrez in a city shirt. Not been his biggest fan but he was excellent last night as was the team to a man. Zinchenko deserves a big pat on back as well came in out of position having not played a lot and did very well. Bernardo Silva wow. For me it’s between him and Salah for best player in the world right now.

the amount of times I saw Marhez sprinting back chasing or to get back into position last night, he was brilliant, that doesn’t come naturally to him so loads of credit to him and Pep

Bayern are a bit of an unknown to me this season. I haven't watched them play since early in the season but based on the players they have etc. I understand Sane is also back on fire.

I do firmly beleive that at our best, we are still the best team in England. Our games this season against Chelsea and the Cult support that view. Our last three performances have been of such a high standard, so it is largely about perfoming on the day in this competition. We have a free game coming up vs RBL and then it is a cup competition.

The problem we will have if we face any of the three teams that you metenion is that they can all hit us with pace on the counter, so as could have happened last night and did in Paris, we could play wonderful football, dominate and lose. That's not be being negative, it's just the vagaries of cup football. However, for our team and manager to get the full recognition they deserve for the simple but elegant football of such a high standard thet they are playing, we need to see them lifting Big Ears aloft in St Pete's.
Agree with every word of this mate. I think we've gone up another level this season because of the false nine system and also because several players (Rodri, Cancelo, Bernado, Walker and Stones off the top of my head) have improved markedly. I also believe us to be the best team in England and I haven't seen anything that suggests to me that we are not now the best team in the world.

It's worth noting that all the great City teams of recent years went down a notch if certain key players weren't available. Even until very recently that happened with KDB. We are now a complete team unit; we hammered PSG after going a goal down WITHOUT OUR TWO BEST CREATIVE PLAYERS!!!!! Everyone was groaning when they saw the team because we were missing 4 attacking players.

the amount of times I saw Marhez sprinting back chasing or to get back into position last night, he was brilliant, that doesn’t come naturally to him so loads of credit to him and Pep
Spot on. You compare City's team to PSG. All our players work for the team. For the entire game, PSG had Messi, Neymar and Mbappe just waiting up front. It was almost as if they had two teams. A defensive unit and their front 3. I think Messi was right to go to PSG because they are the only top side in Europe who can win anything playing like that and it suits Messi because of his age. He can just do moments in the game.

PSG are not imo a really top side based on that showing.

The stadium was rocking and looked great on tele last night. I’d rather have bums on seats than empties. We’re in a constant war with the other big clubs in England and we need to win over a new generation of fans. Some of us can’t get to every game and we need someone to take our place when we can’t.
War, what is it good for,?

Your analysis is very good. Agree with everything you say. We need a bit of luck and based on history it’s in very short supply.

Reactions: OB1
We played as a team, they were individuals, last nights result has to stand as one of our best in europe, every City player put a shift in, teamwork pays dividends over individual brillience, all our team were brilliant.

Spot on. You compare City's team to PSG. All our players work for the team. For the entire game, PSG had Messi, Neymar and Mbappe just waiting up front. It was almost as if they had two teams. A defensive unit and their front 3. I think Messi was right to go to PSG because they are the only top side in Europe who can win anything playing like that and it suits Messi because of his age. He can just do moments in the game.

PSG are not imo a really top side based on that showing.
Agreed, but my god they should be with that talent. Defensively i think they are superb right across their back 4, but those forward 3 just didnt wanna know and any midfield with Herrera in it is just not good enough. Thats 4 games over the last 8 months we've played them and at no point in any of those games have i ever thought anything other than 'we are a much better team'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.