Paris Saint-Germain (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

I'd like to hear from that weird "I'm not bothered about the Champions League" sect. One of the joyless twats collared me in the bar beforehand and I had to move away. After first of all informing me that the stand was full of PSG fans and it was going to kick off, he then said "I just can't get excited about games like this".

WTF? Surely every Blue now must be absolutely loving seeing us pit ourselves against the best players, teams and managers in the world.
That used to me, I invented booing that shitty anthem. But I've been won over. CL is now a legitimate goal and a necessity, after the PL has been won again of course.

Messi going down like he’d been hit in the face with an axe by Cancelo should have resulted in Messi Getting a yellow. VAR should have looked at it and realised it was Messi cheating, trying to get Cancelo sent off. How the mighty has fallen, resorting to cheating to get an opponent sent off.

Messi was fucking wank.

He’s lost that little 10 yard “zoom” that used to allow him to get away from players.

Dias pocketed him on several occasions.

Had another look at the French press late last night. One article quoted our loveable scouser, Carragher, whose opinion is that Pochettino should be packing his bags for OT because PSG's front three don't track back and the owners won't let him leave any of the three out. Clearly the view of OT is a bit foggy from Merseyside!

The other was much more thoughtful. It stressed again that PSG's front three were made a liability on Wednesday because City maintained a very high line throughout and this meant that their failure to take any defensive responsibility gave City a numerical superiority in midfield and then up front which the work rate and quality of City's players used to devastating effect. An interesting statistic quoted was that Idrissa Gueye was on the field for an hour in a key area of the pitch, but only had as many touches as Kaylor Navas, the goalkeeper! Herrera actually had two fewer touches! As it says "(They were) too busy running trying to deal with City's attacks (so they) could never get in position to help Paredes bring the ball out of defence" and so it was constantly coming back at them. They don't seem too bothered at the prospect of Poch's departure, perhaps because they think Zidane will come in, but more because Poch seems incapable of dealing with the problem - on Wednesday when PSG were crying out for a change he left the front three on and brought di Maria on for Gueye. City simply continued to drag PSG's midfield and back line all over the place and keep possession for even longer. The belief seems to be that Pep simply knew exactly how to deal with PSG and has players talented and hard-working enough to put his plans into effect to the letter. City seem to be appreciated more by French pundits than British!

I've said all along, I wouldn't want a half-arsed Messi here. His heart's at Barca. We gave him a great reception and he feigned injury.
This was always my concern - but anyone who voiced this in the trillion page Messi Mambo thread over the past 2 years was roundly derided. I think his best days are well behind him - sure there will be the odd nutmeg and even goal that dazzles, but that doesnt win your titles and the lack of industry will cost you dear when it comes to later round of the Cups.

I've said all along, I wouldn't want a half-arsed Messi here. His heart's at Barca. We gave him a great reception and he feigned injury.
Think hes struggling to cope with Neymar and Mbappe. If he was here at City with Pep coaching him into our style of play I'm convinced he would be magnificent and score loads of goals.

Anyone know why Eddie was wearing a shirt with 3rd kit sponsor arrangement on. Was he going to play in the dark one but then realised the clash with PSG kit choice?

Attachments

• 065432B3-E638-4A4A-A4FD-B577699C4C6A.jpeg
    065432B3-E638-4A4A-A4FD-B577699C4C6A.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 19
Probably in my top three games I've attended in recent years under Pep: Monaco, Liverpool, PSG

Messi was fucking wank.

He’s lost that little 10 yard “zoom” that used to allow him to get away from players.

Dias pocketed him on several occasions.
He had it in the first game 6 weeks ago. He looked uninterested though at ours. (Look at what you could have won Lionel!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.