Park Ji Sung ate my dog

I ate dodgy sushi & shat through the eye of a needle for 3 days, my arse looked like the Japanese flag.

Not racist at all. Doesn't discriminate him, make him sound inferior or any signs of prejudice.

If they sung a song about stealing benayoun's hummus or tim cahills shrimp on the barbie it would also be humorous.

I don't even think the adebayor song about elephants is racist. I don't know why bringing the word elephants into it makes it racist. If we sang pigeniho sleeps with native red squirrels I'm sure the pc brigade would shout the race card.

Crouchinho said:
Not racist at all. Doesn't discriminate him, make him sound inferior or any signs of prejudice.

If they sung a song about stealing benayoun's hummus or tim cahills shrimp on the barbie it would also be humorous.

I don't even think the adebayor song about elephants is racist. I don't know why bringing the word elephants into it makes it racist. If we sang pigeniho sleeps with native red squirrels I'm sure the pc brigade would shout the race card.
Don't totally agree. Eating dogs is regarded as somewhat disgusting by many in this country, unlike eating hummus or shrimp on the barbie.

I agree absolutely that bringing elephants into anything isn't necessarily racist.

In the end what matters is intent, not the actual thing said.

I am sure that some people singing about Park eating dogs are being racist - others aren't. To point this out is not being "PC", which is these days considered by many as a worse thing than being a racist.

-- Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:42 pm --

ghost305 said:
i thought chinese people ate dogs and not koreans. From my understanding Park is South Korean and South Korea is a very rich country.
Some Chinese - mostly in the south - eat dogs. Most don't, and in some parts of China eating dogs would be regarded as revolting.

Some Koreans eat dogs. Most don't.

-- Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:44 pm --

MCC said:
Is singing about national sterotypes racist?
Depends entirely on the intent. And not all "racist" national stereotypes are derogatory.

mcmanus said:
Some people are far too touchy regards who eat's what. Dogs maybe loved pets in England but they are food in some parts of South East Asia. I guess that's the mother fucking facts of life.

No, I wouldn't eat dog neither. But some do.
People need to work out its food nothing more nothing less, I've done worse

andyhinch said:
mcmanus said:
Some people are far too touchy regards who eat's what. Dogs maybe loved pets in England but they are food in some parts of South East Asia. I guess that's the mother fucking facts of life.

You've shagged a dog? Even being blue does not excuse from this activity sir.

I see it as pretty much equivalent to calling the French 'frog-eaters'.

The thing is there are some stereotypes where you'd think that it would be pretty daft to get offended. If somebody called you for wearing a bowler hat and eating mustard, you'd be considered a bit mental for getting really offended, it's just not really derogatory.

It doesn't make it any less of a stereotype, though.

This particular chant is somewhere in that grey area between "offensive stereotypes" and "daft inoffensive stereotypes". I'd say it's on the line of what would be acceptable, simply because it can be interpreted as derogatory by some but would probably not bother most.

I would err on the side of saying it's probably unsuitable/impolite and its use in public should be limited to suitable audiences.

mcmanus said:
andyhinch said:
mcmanus said:

You've shagged a dog? Even being blue does not excuse from this activity sir.
Ok eaten worse, all though i may have shagged a few dogs

SkyBlueFlux said:
I see it as pretty much equivalent to calling the French 'frog-eaters'.

The thing is there are some stereotypes where you'd think that it would be pretty daft to get offended. If somebody called you for wearing a bowler hat and eating mustard, you'd be considered a bit mental for getting really offended, it's just not really derogatory.

It doesn't make it any less of a stereotype, though.

This particular chant is somewhere in that grey area between "offensive stereotypes" and "daft inoffensive stereotypes". I'd say it's on the line of what would be acceptable, simply because it can be interpreted as derogatory by some but would probably not bother most.

I would err on the side of saying it's probably unsuitable/impolite and its use in public should be limited to suitable audiences.

Well if taking the piss about what a person consumes is racist then we are really fucked. Any Korean who eats dog is bound to seem slightly bonkers as we see canines as pets. Would a Korean find eating that southern shite 'jellied fucking eels' pleasant?

Someone somewhere will get upset for others and claim that we're all kunts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.