Park Ji Sung ate my dog

mcmanus said:
SkyBlueFlux said:
I see it as pretty much equivalent to calling the French 'frog-eaters'.

The thing is there are some stereotypes where you'd think that it would be pretty daft to get offended. If somebody called you for wearing a bowler hat and eating mustard, you'd be considered a bit mental for getting really offended, it's just not really derogatory.

It doesn't make it any less of a stereotype, though.

This particular chant is somewhere in that grey area between "offensive stereotypes" and "daft inoffensive stereotypes". I'd say it's on the line of what would be acceptable, simply because it can be interpreted as derogatory by some but would probably not bother most.

I would err on the side of saying it's probably unsuitable/impolite and its use in public should be limited to suitable audiences.

Well if taking the piss about what a person consumes is racist then we are really fucked. Any Korean who eats dog is bound to seem slightly bonkers as we see canines as pets. Would a Korean find eating that southern shite 'jellied fucking eels' pleasant?

Someone somewhere will get upset for others and claim that we're all kunts.
But you get that licker stuff down south goto go dogs eating something

Freds Patio said:
Nakamura had it sang at him for a while, and no fuss was made. Personally see it as a jokey stereotype myself, but the PC brigade could probably jump on it with ease these days.
Nakamura is Japanese, not Korean. But then again many in this country lump Koreans, Chinese, Japanese etc. together with little distinction. That certainly is "racist".

You don't have to be a member of the "PC brigade" (I certainly am not) to point that out.

But imagine if others were to make no distinction between British, French, Germans etc.

Incidentally the idea that Kagawa is going to get Man.United many more fans in China or Korea is way off the mark.

Frank H said:
Freds Patio said:
Nakamura had it sang at him for a while, and no fuss was made. Personally see it as a jokey stereotype myself, but the PC brigade could probably jump on it with ease these days.
Nakamura is Japanese, not Korean. But then again many in this country lump Koreans, Chinese, Japanese etc. together with little distinction. That certainly is "racist".

You don't have to be a member of the "PC brigade" (I certainly am not) to point that out.

But imagine if others were to make no distinction between British, French, Germans etc.

Incidentally the idea that Kagawa is going to get Man.United many more fans in China or Korea is way off the mark.

China and Korea aren't exactly chummy with Japan.

Frank H said:
Freds Patio said:

I travelled northern Thailand and was always referred to as 'falang' meaning white foreigner. I wasn't fucking arsed if they thought I was a kraut, french or even a scouser. Good laugh anyhow.

Unknown_Genius said:
Frank H said:
Freds Patio said:

China and Korea aren't exactly chummy with Japan.

Most of Asia seems to be aligned to either one of China or Japan. I have a Nepalese friend who despises the Chinese but loves the Japanese.

Aguero, wherever you may be
Marching on our territory
You call it the Malvinas
But you can go and stick it up yer ass.

The words "head", "give", "your", "wobble" and "a" can be made in to which appropriate sentence?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.