Parking fine on Asda Eastlands

GoatersLeftShin

Team supported
MCFC
We went to a kids party at Flip Out as Asda Eastlands a few weeks ago and went to Asda to do some shopping. We were there in total for 2.5 hours.

I checked the parking limits and it said that 3 hours were free and 1.5 hours if there was a match or event on and there wasn't as far as I could tell. City weren't at home and the ladies weren't either. From what I can tell we are getting fined because we stayed more than 1.5 hours!

Anyway, I've had a parking ticket from "Parking Eye" saying I owe them £40 if I pay it in 14 days or £70 if not. I've appealed it and had a letter from Flip Out to say we were at the party for 1.5 hours but I can't see any way to tell if the appeal has been reviewed or not. I also can't speak to them either - the only number is the number to pay them.

Has anyone had anything with this lot before? Am I better paying the £40 and trying to appeal it? It's so frustrating as there's simply no way we could've gone to the party without staying more than 1.5 hours and the extra time we were there we was shopping!

I can’t comment on this specific location or your situation.

What I can tell you is that my Mum was ripped off by the firm who run the car park at the Middleton Shopping Centre. Ticketless system where if you have the audacity to pay in cash and don’t have a ticket to prove it, they will fine you.

Anecdotal evidence suggests a lot of people in Middleton have been caught out and despite the local MP’s office getting involved, nobody really seems to care. Legal parking “scams” have also featured on Watchdog recently.

Bottom line: lots of people up in arms but as parking is so poorly regulated, it looks like nothing will change. You are probably best paying the fine, I reckon.

We went to a kids party at Flip Out as Asda Eastlands a few weeks ago and went to Asda to do some shopping. We were there in total for 2.5 hours.

I checked the parking limits and it said that 3 hours were free and 1.5 hours if there was a match or event on and there wasn't as far as I could tell. City weren't at home and the ladies weren't either. From what I can tell we are getting fined because we stayed more than 1.5 hours!

Anyway, I've had a parking ticket from "Parking Eye" saying I owe them £40 if I pay it in 14 days or £70 if not. I've appealed it and had a letter from Flip Out to say we were at the party for 1.5 hours but I can't see any way to tell if the appeal has been reviewed or not. I also can't speak to them either - the only number is the number to pay them.

Has anyone had anything with this lot before? Am I better paying the £40 and trying to appeal it? It's so frustrating as there's simply no way we could've gone to the party without staying more than 1.5 hours and the extra time we were there we was shopping!

I had one in a Wetherspoons car park once even though I bought a ticket, emailed spoons with proof of me being in their restaurant and they corresponded with parking eye and had it cancelled. Maybe try the same with ASDA?

Go to the manager at ASDA as a paying customer and get it cancelled ASAP.

good luck with the Mob that runs Asda's car parks, the Mrs works for Asda and a couple of years back we got a new car, they input the Reg so staff dont get tickets, this was all done and guess what the tickets started to drop through the letterbox so after 3 fines i was on to the car park company but didnt get anywhere, during the course of the next few weeks we received another 39 tickets,43 in total, it was a nightmare getting them to except the circumstances

My sister contested one with this mob from the Asda in Wythenshawe. It's been going on about two years, she won't back down and has told them to take her to court. I must ask her how it's going.

I got one and completely refused to engage with them… they wrote about 4 letters before they gave up. Fuckin right bunch of wankers Parking Eye - part of Capita….. funding the Tory Party and get away with murder in return.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.