Parking Gorton Road

1961_vintage

Just got home after 175 mile journey minus my passenger side window and my stolen sat nav.

From the comments of a few passing Blues it seems like some low-life scum are targetting cars parked on Gorton Road whilst the owners are at the match.

If this is your usual parking place you may want to find an alternative!

But even the actions of some thieving pikey bastard has not removed the smile from my face, and as I sit in the King's stand I'm still griining like a Cheshire cat!!

Sorry to hear of your experience. The way the world is now youre better to pay £5 to one of the regulated fully enclosed council run sites nearer the ground. I park in the school next to the Townley (see map) <a class="postlink" href="http://www.ukpubfinder.com/pub/42737" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ukpubfinder.com/pub/42737</a>

where is this? i park (well my dad parks) on the road near the graveyard and we park down the bottom of the road so we can go through the park at the back of the graveyard and get away really quickly after the match

You're right Reddish - I'm looking for a new parking location for sure!

Josh - there's no graveyard in the Gorton Road area that I've seen so I wouldn't worry.

You're right but it makes life easier to get out to the M60.

There's a hell of lot of people park there - which is why I posted - if you know about the problem you can try and avoid it.

i live just off gorton rd in reddish, sure youve got the right road there mate? I wouldnt dream of walking to eastlands from my house!!

1961_vintage said:
You're right Reddish - I'm looking for a new parking location for sure!

Josh - there's no graveyard in the Gorton Road area that I've seen so I wouldn't worry.
The graveyard's in Streford a place called Old Trafford.

I've occasionally looked at the parking fee over the season and realised that it's the price of two shirt swith name and number and took just a second to realise it's money well spent. Parking on the road in East Manchester, unfortunately, is not the carefree experience it should be or used to be. Add a fiver to your matchday experience and all should be well.

I left my car in deepest darkest Clayton after the game yesterday so I could go into town to celebrate ... I hope it's still on one piece when I pick it up later!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.