Parking near/at the Etihad

Apparently they're having an extra tram station built for them
Looking at the new Trafford Park line they will actually gain two new tram stops both closer than the current ones at Trafford Bar and Warwick Road (refuse to call it OT).

They are called Wharfside and Quay West (prefer Key Largo myself).

I was told that the Scum pay Metrolink for extra trams on a match day whilst MCFC do not, can anybody confirm if this is true?

So are you both saying that residents will be entitled to two extra free parking permits!
I've no issue with this

And are you saying that the parking restrictions zone is to be extended, to something similar to what was originally proposed?
If so, this still causes an awful lot of issues for an awful lot of supporters who drive and use street parking
We have always been allowed 2 visitor permits

Looking at the new Trafford Park line they will actually gain two new tram stops both closer than the current ones at Trafford Bar and Warwick Road (refuse to call it OT).

They are called Wharfside and Quay West (prefer Key Largo myself).

I was told that the Scum pay Metrolink for extra trams on a match day whilst MCFC do not, can anybody confirm if this is true?

Don't think they pay extra. I guess it works slightly easier for them as there are three lines near to the Swamp, whereas we have just the one.
United actually opposed the new Trafford Park line, and asked for the nearby stops to be closed on match days! Apparently this is the route that their corporates take to get to the ground and they don't want the great unwashed getting in the way.

Metrolink have been trying to improve the service into town by laying on extra doubles going to Bury, but as was clear on Saturday, most folk want to go to the South (and the Alty line in particular), so the extra trams were leaving half empty. Always amazes me how many folk can fit onto a double tram though.

Never understood why a rail station as not been built on the rail line that runs past the west side of the stadium. Even if it's just an events station , it would help in getting people away from the stadium after matches or concerts (in the summer) .

Leeter gone out to reisdents, local councilor Rosa Battle has put forward recomemdations to scrap the scheme and replace it with a fair one, this is backed by the local MP Lucy Powell so should get approved and the parking restrictions will not be put into place.

1673z8i.jpg

Fair play for listening to the locals

Thks for posting this.

When you say the parking restrictions will not be put in place does this also extend to the expansion of the zones or is that being scrapped as well?

Thks for posting this.

When you say the parking restrictions will not be put in place does this also extend to the expansion of the zones or is that being scrapped as well?

All I know is that they have removed the time extension and the visitor charge, they have not yet said how large the zones will be, expecting another letter/leaflet in the coming week with full details. apparently they are removing the £45 charge in hulme (not match related) as well that's been in place the last couple of years.

My mother in law lives close to the stadium .... 87 years old, mostly housebound and cannot drive, therefore has no vehicle to register to the house ... Her three daughters need continual access and parking to ensure her health, get shopping etc. And all three have different cars that needs to park there at different times ... matchdays/nights included. So basically they will either have to cough up £90 for two 'extra' permits, and one still will be unable to park up. Feckin' disgrace by the council.

Meanwhile, the tram and bus situation will remain as is ... shite.

All I know is that they have removed the time extension and the visitor charge, they have not yet said how large the zones will be, expecting another letter/leaflet in the coming week with full details. apparently they are removing the £45 charge in hulme (not match related) as well that's been in place the last couple of years.

Cheers Urban

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.