Parking ticket *update on p3*

My nephew has bought a terraced house and usually finds it impossible to park near home after work.

If we are to believe the majority on here he could simply park on the private drive of his neighbour's semi and throw any letters from the neighbour about the matter straight in the bin.
He'd be causing an obstruction if he did that and the police could get involved. I've had a car that was parked on the road but across my drive without permission towed away.

Just to clarify a few points,

Contract law can not be enforced on the registered keeper, it HAS to be the driver.

There is no legal obligation to name the driver.

So forget all the bull shit stories, just ignore any and all letters from these parasites.

Is that November change in law applicable retrospectively?

My missus has had one dragging on for about a year now. They've upped the amount, then offered to reduce it for quick payment and its been passed between about 4 different collection companies (or at least different letterheads)
We've ignored everything to date.

Just to clarify a few points,

Contract law can not be enforced on the registered keeper, it HAS to be the driver.

There is no legal obligation to name the driver.

So forget all the bull shit stories, just ignore any and all letters from these parasites.

Unfortunately this isn't strictly true.

A Private Parking Company can seek to recover charges from the registered keeper and not the driver, however, it must have complied with a long and stringent set of requirements to do so, see link below to Parking Cowboys for a typically legalistic explanation. The best bet is to use a website like Resolver (another link below) which can give useful guidance on how to proceed and what to look out for. If you want to formally avoid one of these dubious tickets, you need to invest a fair bit of time, and read up on a lot of legal bumf. It is pretty damn good when you win though.

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/keeper-liability/

http://www.resolver.co.uk/consumer-rights/private-parking-not-the-driver-of-the-car-complaints

Please note I'm not a legal expert on this, anything I'm sharing is through my own experience and online research. There are plenty of forums available to help you do this (as links above) but it is getting harder, and the loopholes are slowly being closed up, so do your research and good luck.

Is that November change in law applicable retrospectively?

My missus has had one dragging on for about a year now. They've upped the amount, then offered to reduce it for quick payment and its been passed between about 4 different collection companies (or at least different letterheads)
We've ignored everything to date.

Reading the OP's posts, it seems they are coming after him for a ticket from 2013, and citing the November ruling to do so. Its possible some opportunistic debt collectors may jump on unresolved Parking Fine Notices as a means of some easy revenue. The dust still hasn't settled on the November 2015 ruling, so if you do get further correspondence, in my humble opinion it would be well worth getting some proper guidance on how to proceed.

The POF act 2012 amendment is a nonsense, it suggests it can link statute to amend contract law when it plainly can not, it seeks to create joinder by deception, because if you enter into correspondence with these clowns it gives implied consent to be bound by those rules.

The liability of a contract can never be transferred or imposed onto another, not by any court in the land up to and including parliament (Yes, its a court).

Not wanting to go off subject too much but I NEED to get this off my chest. A girl who works for me went in to Colchester Town centre last weekend and came back moaning about the car parking, stating:

"I can't believe that I had to sit around waiting to leave town I only needed to pop to the bank"

When asked what she was talking about she replied.

"Well the sign said 'no return within 2 hours', so I had to wait and hour and half before I could leave!!!!!

Genuine story. Took me 3 days to stop laughing at her every time I saw her!!!!! She had walked round town until she had passed the 2 hours. When she got back to her car she found she had been given a ticket as her time had elapsed!!!! The traffic warden cancelled it when she told him why she was late, adding, can I tell this story to everyone at work.

Apologies for the diversion from orginal subject but it was pure gold.

Not wanting to go off subject too much but I NEED to get this off my chest. A girl who works for me went in to Colchester Town centre last weekend and came back moaning about the car parking, stating:

"I can't believe that I had to sit around waiting to leave town I only needed to pop to the bank"

When asked what she was talking about she replied.

"Well the sign said 'no return within 2 hours', so I had to wait and hour and half before I could leave!!!!!

Genuine story. Took me 3 days to stop laughing at her every time I saw her!!!!! She had walked round town until she had passed the 2 hours. When she got back to her car she found she had been given a ticket as her time had elapsed!!!! The traffic warden cancelled it when she told him why she was late, adding, can I tell this story to everyone at work.

Apologies for the diversion from orginal subject but it was pure gold.

Is she blonde?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.