Parking ticket

DaveB

I have been issued a pcn by civil enforcement for parking on a company's private car park in Cheetham Hill. They have photos so fair do"s. However their company address are different from where the offence occurred and I was never issued with a ticket. Does this count as a technicalitiy for not paying ?.

The address given is car park at lucky cash and carry unit 1 the Jury st centre Manchester m8 8fn.

The actual postal address is 51 lord Street Cheetham Hill mcr m3 1he which is sort of the same place. Please help as the wife wants a fake handbag.

I have been issued a pcn by civil enforcement for parking on a company's private car park in Cheetham Hill. They have photos so fair do"s. However their company address are different from where the offence occurred and I was never issued with a ticket. Does this count as a technicalitiy for not paying ?.

The address given is car park at lucky cash and carry unit 1 the Jury st centre Manchester m8 8fn.

The actual postal address is 51 lord Street Cheetham Hill mcr m3 1he which is sort of the same place. Please help as the wife wants a fake handbag.
Just ignore it mate, they will stop pestering after about five attempts.

Not any more those days are long gone.
I have had two in the last year, one in town that I paid but think I might have put my registration number in wrong coz I am an old blind **** and the other was in Prestwich for overstaying my time in an M&S car park while in a restaurant over the road. Anyway I ignored them both and they have given up on both because they know I am not legally obliged to pay them.

If the land you parked on was clearly signposted that you would be fined if you parked there etc then I’d just pay it. If you’ve got a valid/legal reason to not pay it then tell them why and be prepared to defend yourself in court.

About 3 or so years ago Mrs MB put the wrong reg in at a pay and display. A couple of weeks later a PCN arrives. I sent them a lengthy letter explaining why it wasn’t valid mostly based on no loss of earnings as parking was paid. They ignored it and issued court proceedings - I wrote a defence and submitted it. They didn’t do anything or pay the court fee so the case was cancelled. I then issued a cost claim (can’t remember name of form now) against them for about £300 for my time etc which was upheld. How these companies work is they issue a court summons - if you defend it (and I presume it’s a reasonable defence) they won’t pay the fee and case gets cancelled from the list (they are free to reissue the claim later), if you don’t defend they’ll pay the fee and get a CCJ against you for some overinflated amount. It’s a scam and an abuse of our legal system - how they can issue a court summons without paying anything is a mystery. Good old tax payer is obviously covering that part in printing and posting out particulars.

I have had two in the last year, one in town that I paid but think I might have put my registration number in wrong coz I am an old blind **** and the other was in Prestwich for overstaying my time in an M&S car park while in a restaurant over the road. Anyway I ignored them both and they have given up on both because they know I am not legally obliged to pay them.

Don’t think they’ll have given up mate. They issued the PCNs in time and you’ll probably hear from them in about a year asking for £450 or something ridiculous.

The first one you can defend if they write back, especially if you still have the ticket. Your defence would be no loss of earnings and that their checks and balances are deficient in that they would have received revenue against a car that never parked there etc etc. You’ll easily win that one. The other …meh, just hope they never chase you.

Don’t think they’ll have given up mate. They issued the PCNs in time and you’ll probably hear from them in about a year asking for £450 or something ridiculous.

The first one you can defend if they write back, especially if you still have the ticket. Your defence would be no loss of earnings and that their checks and balances are deficient in that they would have received revenue against a car that never parked there etc etc. You’ll easily win that one. The other …meh, just hope they never chase you.
I have never paid private parking tickets in my life because you don't have to.

A fake handbag and not a fake CL ticket? Tell her she can have a dozen fake CL tickets for the price of a handbag!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.