Parking ticket

I have been issued a pcn by civil enforcement for parking on a company's private car park in Cheetham Hill. They have photos so fair do"s. However their company address are different from where the offence occurred and I was never issued with a ticket. Does this count as a technicalitiy for not paying ?.

The address given is car park at lucky cash and carry unit 1 the Jury st centre Manchester m8 8fn.

The actual postal address is 51 lord Street Cheetham Hill mcr m3 1he which is sort of the same place. Please help as the wife wants a fake handbag.
MoneySavingExpert.com has a whole section on contesting fines issued by these cowboy parking firms. Got off one a couple of years ago thanks to their guidance, on the grounds that the company had not used the correct wording on the ticket (POFA - Protection of Freedoms Act - I think). A load of bloody aggro though to save myself £50. Golden rule no.1, don't admit anything - and especially not who was driving - until you've read through the guidance I refer to.....

Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking — MoneySavingExpert Forum

Misinformed? How?
The biggest piss take is the all day £3 shopping car park especially set up for the fakes of bury new rd. The staff in the shops even put your "goods" in selfridges bags but don't charge 10p. For your info an £80 pair of adidas costs £20.

I have been issued a pcn by civil enforcement for parking on a company's private car park in Cheetham Hill. They have photos so fair do"s. However their company address are different from where the offence occurred and I was never issued with a ticket. Does this count as a technicalitiy for not paying ?.

The address given is car park at lucky cash and carry unit 1 the Jury st centre Manchester m8 8fn.

The actual postal address is 51 lord Street Cheetham Hill mcr m3 1he which is sort of the same place. Please help as the wife wants a fake handbag.
I got one last year in a car park of a pub, I was there for work purposes, I didn't realise you had to enter your reg on an ipad in the pub, I appealed to the company and explained I was there for work and could prove this, they wrote back saying unlucky the fine still stood, they said i could appeal to popla, but by doing so I would loose my right to pay £40 and this would rise to £100 I took my chance and appealed to popla,.popla upheld the fine and I won the appeal, so go down the popla route

While its raw now, and you would like the answers you want to hear, you have been done and the fuckers will have you over if you don't pay it, so just pay it and take it on the chins.

As an aside, the expression is 'fair dues' and not 'fair do's'

But the company claiming exists in the correct position but its address is further down the street which is not where I parked. I also want to know what losses they incurred by me parking in an empty filthy littered glass everywhere car park.
They lease it for that purpose and have put signs up for that purpose. You fell into their trap

If the land you parked on was clearly signposted that you would be fined if you parked there etc then I’d just pay it. If you’ve got a valid/legal reason to not pay it then tell them why and be prepared to defend yourself in court.

About 3 or so years ago Mrs MB put the wrong reg in at a pay and display. A couple of weeks later a PCN arrives. I sent them a lengthy letter explaining why it wasn’t valid mostly based on no loss of earnings as parking was paid. They ignored it and issued court proceedings - I wrote a defence and submitted it. They didn’t do anything or pay the court fee so the case was cancelled. I then issued a cost claim (can’t remember name of form now) against them for about £300 for my time etc which was upheld. How these companies work is they issue a court summons - if you defend it (and I presume it’s a reasonable defence) they won’t pay the fee and case gets cancelled from the list (they are free to reissue the claim later), if you don’t defend they’ll pay the fee and get a CCJ against you for some overinflated amount. It’s a scam and an abuse of our legal system - how they can issue a court summons without paying anything is a mystery. Good old tax payer is obviously covering that part in printing and posting out particulars.
They have to pay for the claim. Once a claim is defended, doesn’t matter if it’s reasonable or not, it is allocated for the next stage which attracts a hearing fee, that’s what they don’t pay so the case gets struck out. They don’t have to pay a fee if it’s not defended and can go straight for judgment. They’re on the whole a load of chancers and sadly fear of the system makes an awful lot of people pay up. You hit the nail on the head though, defend it - they’re basically the playground bully who backs down when challenged. The form for issuing a small claim costs claim is the N1 by the way.

Misinformed? How?
Established by the Supreme Court in Parking Eye versus Barry Beavis 2015.

Going off at a tangent, our unit is on a small industrial estate of 3 units. 2 large metal gates, commercial vehicles inc my van are parked on there. In the summer we get loads of tourists coming into town and rather than spend £3 for the car park 75 yds away they think it's Ok to just park on my compound, take the kids, dogs, grandparents etc for a 2 hr walk along the river or sit with the kids in park. I lock the fuckers in, snare about half a dozen a year and go home and wait for the phone to ring. My business details are on a large sign, which also denotes to the average person that this is a commercial operation. The excuses are priceless and the people equally priceless when I can finally be bothered to turn up and unlock the gates. Fortunately I thrive on their inconvenience and the fact I'm 2 minutes away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.