Parking wars near you

splinter

Team supported
Manchester city
Cars vans bikes seem to be multiplying..2 lads close to fists today over a parking space.

I'm staying on the bee buses ;)

Last edited:
Cars vans bikes seem to be multiplying..2 lads close fists today over a parking space.

I'm staying on the bee buses ;)
It’s because the builders don’t leave any space, or build the drives big enough for most families. It’s not uncommon to have kids living at home these days into their late 20s so will probably have cars.

It’s because the builders don’t leave any space, or build the drives big enough for most families. It’s not uncommon to have kids living at home these days into their late 20s so will probably have cars.
That’s the issue I think. Many houses were built in this country pre 1970 when it was extremely unusual to have more than one car and when kids left home before they were 20. A neighbour of ours has a 4 bed house. He and his wife have a car and his 3 kids have a car. Sometimes their GF/BF stay over too so they can have up to 8 cars. The driveway holds 2. This is common around here so I have 3 cars parked on the pavement directly opposite my house almost all the time. Not worth getting stressed over.

Got that bad near me that I went to the expense of turning the front garden into a driveway and paying the council for a dropped kerb. Best £5k I've spent.

Was fed up of coming home and finding the parking bay opposite filled with cars from surrounding streets.

Only problem I have now is the neighbours kids occasionally park either side of my driveway gates leaving me not much room to turn in/out.

The cunts next door have a panic attack if anyone parks within a foot of their drop kerb and the cunts next door to the nosy cunts over the road accused me of knocking their fence over. The nosy **** over the road accused a lad with autism of perving on her so he now takes to parking outside hers and eating his lunch.

Parking isn’t really a problem mostly.

We have one that aims his twatmobile in the general direction of a space, misses, often by some fucking distance, abandons it and fucks off.
One day I will clip it…

We've got a residents parking scheme in operation in our area. Has sorted out the issue with people dumping their cars in our streets when using the nearby railway station and is well policed.
Costs £55 per year per permit, and although I haven't owned a car for 21 years, it's handy for friends & family popping round to visit.

That’s the issue I think. Many houses were built in this country pre 1970 when it was extremely unusual to have more than one car and when kids left home before they were 20. A neighbour of ours has a 4 bed house. He and his wife have a car and his 3 kids have a car. Sometimes their GF/BF stay over too so they can have up to 8 cars. The driveway holds 2. This is common around here so I have 3 cars parked on the pavement directly opposite my house almost all the time. Not worth getting stressed over.
Dont know if it’s a pre 70s thing. The worst cases of cars strewn everywhere tends to be on newer housing estates.
Generally houses back in the 70s and before had much more land around them, particularly if they were detached.
What they have as a large house now probably occupies less than a quarter of the land they used to and are definitely smaller.

Dont know if it’s a pre 70s thing. The worst cases of cars strewn everywhere tends to be on newer housing estates.
Generally houses back in the 70s and before had much more land around them, particularly if they were detached.
What they have as a large house now probably occupies less than a quarter of the land they used to and are definitely smaller.
True they are a problem too. It’s more the kids staying at home longer though I think.

Last edited:
Like most human problems, we point to extenuating circumstances as the problem when really it’s just humans being human. In some places, you can readily replace the word “human” with “****.”

England is a beautiful place, once you can get away from the high density housing problems created by the Victorian growth of towns and cities.

The amount of designated green space, while laudable, does the citizenry a disservice. The primary problem, though is that scarcity of building space, and the planning permission required to use what is available, has caused massive price inflation. Accordingly, were the authorities to open up land for housing, I fear it would not only require more high density, lower income housing, but any homes built of any size (allowing a garage or decent parking space) would be extortionately priced.

In short, British housing prices are obscene, yet even attempting to relieve the supply-demand constraints wouldn’t be sufficient to bring down, or even stabilize, prices.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.