Past Managers you would have liked to see at City

always respected brian clough and was a great manager. won titles and won in europe in the mighty liverpool years
but i was digging around on youtube and found this interview with clive anderson and he does not hold back about the hillsborough disaster and who he blames 3.30 into the clip

Clive Anderson show circa 1994​

Controversial one. What if Ferguson came here instead?

Swales would have sacked him. I think he went five years at the rags without a trophy and the fans were lobbying to replace him. He also lost a derby 5-1 to us. No way Swales would have stuck with him he'd have been gone

always respected brian clough and was a great manager. won titles and won in europe in the mighty liverpool years
but i was digging around on youtube and found this interview with clive anderson and he does not hold back about the hillsborough disaster and who he blames 3.30 into the clip

Cloughie all day long, with this team how many European Cups would he have won ?

The art of football management reminds me of what the late Richie Benaud said about successful cricket captaincy - "90% luck and 10% talent. But don't try it without the talent!"

I liked clough when Forest manager. Rumour has it that Clough made Forest players strip bollock naked and run through nettles after training because they'd lost an important game. Has anyone else heard this?
Certainly nettles not sure on the completely naked bit - sure I've heard psycho talking about it (or maybe in his book).

Either way, I'm certain he was first through............

Would love to know what his writer cut out of that chapter cos the finished article was explosive enough

People are getting too misty eyed over old bacon chops. He had the perfect situation to create a dynasty and that dynasty collapsed about 3 weeks after he left. Until the mid 2000's he benefited from a huge commercial and financial advantage over every other club in the league and they had very little opposition (Villa for a year, Blackburn for two seasons, Newcastle for 18 months and then only Arsenal until 2004). Even in the mid-2000s Liverpool were inconsistent, Arsenal got progressively worse and he never had to worry that one poor season could see them out of the top 4.

The rags treble was achieved by winning the league with 79 points which is shows how pathetic everyone else was. It pales in comparison to what City have had to do in recent years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.