Pat Karney minister for big screens

Lets face it after problems in exchange sq during live football screenings and the Rangers debacle it's gonna be a long time before the council allow live football screenings which involve a local team. Imagine if god forbid we lose and you've got 5000 fans all congregated together with united fans taking to the streets to celebrate and take the piss. It's a recipe for disaster and would never be allowed to happen. They'll want everyone split up across the pubs in town rather than massing together

kashmir said:
We should ask manchesters answer to bernie ecclestone to put big screens up around manchester on sunday for the thousands of ticketless city fans to watch the final match of the season,in which manchesters only club have a good chance of being crowned champions for the first time since 1968,such a feat should be shown,it would create millions of pounds of revenue for local shops bars etc,and it would give him another chance to add another title to his own long list of titles in the town hall
or do you think im asking to much

Good idea. Pat Karney love him or hate him is a blue as is all his family and if anyone can organised it he can!

Blue Mist said:
briantheblue said:
It's not going to happen. Too much potential for trouble. Maybe at Castlefield where it can be ticketed, not sure what the capacity of Castlefield Arena is. Is anything on at the MEN this Sunday. Peter Kay on another sell out tour?

Hell Brian, all the OP did was come up with an idea and you knock him down at the first hurdle. If we all e mail the council they might just do it. If we sit and moan saying 'no chance because of trouble/police/$ky we wont get anything.

I am e mailing them any way, it is a long shot but bollocks it might just work.

Don't get me wrong I think it is a great idea and I hope it happens. Like I said it might happen where it can be ticketed but not where anyone can just turn up

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Can't see it, the GMP will put a stop on anything that encourages people to go to town for the game(s) sunday for fear of trouble.

Point taken but I think they (local authorities) are under estimating how may fans could be hitting Manchester without tickets. Remeber Blackburn years back. Fortunately God gave us the hill.

BluePurgatory said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
Can't see it, the GMP will put a stop on anything that encourages people to go to town for the game(s) sunday for fear of trouble.

Point taken but I think they (local authorities) are under estimating how may fans could be hitting Manchester without tickets. Remeber Blackburn years back. Fortunately God gave us the hill.
I think its a great idea and it would be something wonderful that could be done, I just don't think it will.

What about the arena @ Castlefield? big screen on the side of the YMCA Sponors can manage entrances and exits sell beer food etc worked a treat @ the world cup even better if its sunny Sunday in May .....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.