Patrick Swayze Dies After battle with Cancer

Godfather said:
As a man im not ashamed to admit i love dirty dancing, i could have sworn i heard he was getting better, poor bloke, RIP Patrick Swayze.

You don't get better from pancreatic cancer. By the time it's diagnosed, it's usually too late, and the location of pancreas means that it's hard to operate.

I think the 'surival rate' of pancreatic cancer is that 5% of people diagnosed are still alive within 5 years. However, they probably don't last much longer than those 5 years.

Iam sure there will be a few ladies out there today crying their little hearts for the swayze!!..
Top man Patrick..
RIP

scall1 said:
Godfather said:
As a man im not ashamed to admit i love dirty dancing, i could have sworn i heard he was getting better, poor bloke, RIP Patrick Swayze.

You don't get better from pancreatic cancer. By the time it's diagnosed, it's usually too late, and the location of pancreas means that it's hard to operate.

I think the 'surival rate' of pancreatic cancer is that 5% of people diagnosed are still alive within 5 years. However, they probably don't last much longer than those 5 years.

Oh right, well i saw a pic in the paper where he looked awful, but then a few weeks later he looked better and healthier, pictures can be deceiving(sp?) though.

Shame, he starred in one of my favourite films 'Point Break' awesome film.
Never seen Dirty Dancing even tho the missus has got it. Oh and he's piss funny in 'Keeping Mum' playing the Golf Coach!

RIP Patrick Swayze

didnt like his films but horrible way to go and way too young, he seemed a nice guy.
I believe he carried on smoking after the cancer was diagnosed.....who can blame him..

RIP

poyntonblue said:
Shame, he starred in one of my favourite films 'Point Break' awesome film.
Never seen Dirty Dancing even tho the missus has got it. Oh and he's piss funny in 'Keeping Mum' playing the Golf Coach!

RIP Patrick Swayze

Point Break is a classic!! I watched Red Dawn the other week after I read they were remaking it!!

Watched an interview with him and his wife a couple of months ago. he looked quite well considering. He was saying how he'd get up at 4am to shit out the toxins in his body for a few hours before he went filming. (he filmed a series while he was really suffering from cancer and most people would have spent their time in bed and give up) Seemed an absolute top bloke and was obviously trying to stay strong. I remember him saying how he should have been dead (according to the doctors) 5 months ago and that was when i watched the interview.

RIP Patrick Swayze.

Saw a pic of him a few months back and he looked terrible. He was smoking and was asked about it and just said 'Maybe when I look like I'm gonna live longer than a month I'll quit' or something along those lines

Haven't seen Ghost or the dirty dancing thing but I thought he was quality in Donnie Darko

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.