Paul Dickov

Dickov is a professional thief. He's stolen a living as a footballer.

I've said it before, if he'd been any fucking good we wouldn't have been relegated to the third tier.

warpig said:
thing that grates me with dickov is those daft celebrations he did for leicester when he scored against us, sliding on his knees clenching his fist like he did at wembley. for a selfconfessed city fan there was no need at all. can remember him warming up the season after and copping a load of abuse from blues in the colin bell stand and actually getting booed when he come on. still a legend but something that sticks in my mind.

I'm sure i heard people boo him before that goal, so maybe that is why he did it. I love the little guy.

NQT said:
Dickov is a professional thief. He's stolen a living as a footballer.

I've said it before, if he'd been any fucking good we wouldn't have been relegated to the third tier.

The guy is a prick. That one celebration when he scored against us should've been enough to prove that. Just cos he scored one goal and ran around to little effect he gets idolised ahead of other players who are real legends. I wish horlock had scored the 2nd goal rather than the first then the disciples would have a more deserving hero.

Super, super kev...

Clubber said:
warpig said:
thing that grates me with dickov is those daft celebrations he did for leicester when he scored against us, sliding on his knees clenching his fist like he did at wembley. for a selfconfessed city fan there was no need at all. can remember him warming up the season after and copping a load of abuse from blues in the colin bell stand and actually getting booed when he come on. still a legend but something that sticks in my mind.

I'm sure i heard people boo him before that goal, so maybe that is why he did it. I love the little guy.

The bloke is classless.
When you look at players such as Bellamy and Benjani who just shook hands after scoring against former clubs and then you look at Dickov's celebration.
I'll also never forget the way he got Distin sent off and the acting that went with it, or the abuse he received from City fans after he was subbed.

i was never his biggest fan when he played for city , but for that goal alone in 99 he will forever be a legend - his celebrating in front of the city fans when he returned for leicester at eastlands is probably something he now regrets, but at the end of the day he was only celebrating a goal for his team at the time ? some of the anti dickov comments on here are childish and pathetic !

If any of you had meet Dickov you'll know how wide of the mark comments like 'classless' and 'prick' are. He lives near me and he knows my mum and everytime he sees her he stops for a chat. Furthermore, my mum took my sister to meet him once when she was a kid, she bumped into him in a pub in Alty recently and despite it being years since first meeting him Dickov went over for a quick chat. Finally, once when I was working at a different pub in Alty Dickov actually came to the bar whilst he waited for his mate to have a chat. The man is a true gentleman and completely different to the majority of the new generation of football player.

Dickov = cult hero
Dickov's goal = legendary.

dannybcity said:
If any of you had meet Dickov you'll know how wide of the mark comments like 'classless' and 'prick' are. He lives near me and he knows my mum and everytime he sees her he stops for a chat. Furthermore, my mum took my sister to meet him once when she was a kid, she bumped into him in a pub in Alty recently and despite it being years since first meeting him Dickov went over for a quick chat. Finally, once when I was working at a different pub in Alty Dickov actually came to the bar whilst he waited for his mate to have a chat. The man is a true gentleman and completely different to the majority of the new generation of football player.

Dickov = cult hero
Dickov's goal = legendary

Fair play. What I said was an overreaction to the overreaction he gets for that goal, but the way you've summed it up there is about right.

I met him recently and he is a HUGE blue. We chatted City for a while and you could not meet a nicer or more genuine bloke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.