Paul Hince

We ended up by total chance sitting on the opposite table to him on the train coming back from several of the Wembley games in Euro ‘96.

He was very engaging. We had some really interesting chatter about City and football in general.

He could quite easily have found another seat after the first time, when he realised it was us again. But seemed quite happy to sit and chat about football with us. Which was clearly a passion as much as a job to him.

Was a really decent guy.

Sad news and like many have said, he was a mainstay for City news back in the day.

RIP Blue.

I was away at University in the mid/late 60s and never actually saw Paul play for "God's own team" but I was an avid reader of his contributions to the MEN which were undoubtedly penned by a supporter but were never blinded by his love of the club. They were the only real source of info and comment about City at that time. I remember that this desire to speak of the club without fear or favour led Alan Ball to accuse the paper of running a campaign to undermine City but this was to malign him terribly. Paul was never anything but a rock solid blue and we shall all miss him. Sleep well, Paul, at that great Etihad in the sky.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.