Paul Hince

paul-hince-graham-howell-manchester-city-7637551.jpg.webp

1690073430083.jpeg
Rip

A sad day. Spent almost a decade travelling the country covering City with Hincey in the 90s. A man with a million stories, all of them hugely entertaining. A brilliant writer and a kind man with a heart of gold. He often summarised at away games when I was commentating for BBC Radio Manchester and he was as as sharp, incisive and humorous on air as he was with his match reports for the MEN and his weekly column. Hincey loved City, loathed United. Thanks for the memories Paul. A first class journalist; a fan who played for the team he idolised and a character who lit up a press box the moment he walked in. Farewell my friend. Andy Buckley x

Was an instant success when he made his debut in the 67/68 season with several goals in his few games. He understandably lost his place owing to the signing of Francis Lee. His later journalistic column showed flashes of insight and humour. I well remember one issue in the 90s when he attended a press conference by old purple nose. Ferguson singled him out and tried to rip the piss out of him. Hince reported this exchange in full and gave as good as he got.

Gone to, 'God's country' in the sky.

It’s bizarre to read an MEN article these days and not be faced with spelling errors and grammatical nonsense. That article just oozed with nostalgia and humour.

RIP Paul Hince.

I was away at University in the mid/late 60s and never actually saw Paul play for "God's own team" but I was an avid reader of his contributions to the MEN which were undoubtedly penned by a supporter but were never blinded by his love of the club. They were the only real source of info and comment about City at that time. I remember that this desire to speak of the club without fear or favour led Alan Ball to accuse the paper of running a campaign to undermine City but this was to malign him terribly. Paul was never anything but a rock solid blue and we shall all miss him. Sleep well, Paul, at that great Etihad in the sky.
The charlatan Ball didn't need anyone to undermine him,his arrogance and incompetence did it for him.

DISASTER !!

A sad day. Spent almost a decade travelling the country covering City with Hincey in the 90s. A man with a million stories, all of them hugely entertaining. A brilliant writer and a kind man with a heart of gold. He often summarised at away games when I was commentating for BBC Radio Manchester and he was as as sharp, incisive and humorous on air as he was with his match reports for the MEN and his weekly column. Hincey loved City, loathed United. Thanks for the memories Paul. A first class journalist; a fan who played for the team he idolised and a character who lit up a press box the moment he walked in. Farewell my friend. Andy Buckley x
Often used to see the two of you rock up to away matches in the 90s in a Radio Manchester vehicle

RIP Paul, not old enough to see you as a player but read some brilliant and amusing articles back in the day when the MEN was respectable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.