Paul Ince

hertsblue

New Blackpool manager but saying he was disapointed not to get a job earlier due to his record as manager. Wonder how many Division 1 and 2 jobs he applied for......

His Record:
Swindon Town (player-coach) 2006
Ince only played one other game for Swindon after the MK victory – before the club announced that Ince had felt he could not fulfil his playing duties with the club and that his contract had been terminated by mutual consent, although he continued coaching at the club to complete his coaching badges.

Macclesfield Town 2006-07
Decent job. they were 7 points off safety and he kept them in the football league on the final day.

Milton Keynes Dons (2007–08)
Left Macclesfield for MK Dons. Did well and won Division 2 title and football league trophey.

Blackburn Rovers 2008
In the close-season it was speculated that Ince had been contacted by Blackburn Rovers in their search to appoint a new manager, something that Ince himself denied.However, the BBC reported that Ince would be named as Blackburn manager by the end of the week of 19 June. He was appointed on 22 June .
After winning just three games in 17, Ince was sacked on 16 December 2008 after just six months in charge.
Ince cited his failure at Blackburn Rovers as being due to a lack of financial backing, conditions that were known to Ince at the time of signing for the club. Ince did, however, spend over £10 million on Paul Robinson, Vince Grella and Keith Andrews regardless of these restrictions.

Milton Keynes Dons (2009–10)
On 3 July 2009, Ince signed again for Milton Keynes Dons on a two-year deal.During Ince's second spell the Dons were less successful. However on 16 April 2010, he announced that he would leave the job a year early, at the end of the 2009–10 season.

Notts County (2010)
Ince returned to management on 28 October 2010, signing a three-year deal with Notts County.On 3 April 2011 he left the club by mutual consent after losing a club record 9 games in a row, including a 2-0 defeat to relegation rivals Oldham Athletic the day before.

Blackpool

yep hard to see why teams were not willing to appoint him

If his ability matched his ego he'd be managing Real Madrid.

He did decent at MK Dons the first time around although he was helped by having a bigger budget than anyone else in the league. He's done nothing special in any of his other jobs so I'm not surprised he's not had a job for a while and I'm not surprised he's only been given a one year contract.

Always thought he had more ability as a Manager than some of his ex -teammates (Keane,Bruce and Hughes) who seem to get job after job and they always end in tears.

I like the way he went down the divisions first to get experience. Not like Southgate, keane, shearer etc who waltz into the premier league management.

Treated harsh by the board, fans and players at Blackburn, never had a chance really. Andrews and Robinson ended up being decent signings. Bentley was a wanker to ince and got the others to join in

I really want to see if he could get to the premier league. All the ex united players for me have failed in management. Can't wait to see Rio genius ferdinand manage a team

The same circle of average managers seem to just rotate jobs, fail, get sacked, get another job, and it goes on and on. Some of these clubs ought to take a risk on decent foreign managers like Southampton have and like Swindon did before Di Canio got fed up and quit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.