Paul Lake rejoins MCFC

Brought a smile to my face - well done Paul aka Blue Ripple

Not going to go on about what could have been - anyone who saw him play could see the talent - but I'd like to credit Paul for his positive outlook in proving that the end of football was not the end of him. Physiotherapist, radio presenter, a family and now a City ambassador - very well done.

The world feels a little better today for this :)

Brilliant news and I'm really chuffed for the guy. Great move by City to get someone as wel respected and liked as Lakey who also really cares for the club itself, nice one City

By the way I think Damcoles is right and it was Lomas who swallowed his tongue. Walshy saved him IIRC

*edit* I think we're confusing two separate incidents with the tongue swallowing

i got to see him play a few times but i was very young, maybe 4 or 5 so i dont rreally know how good he was. my old man tells me he had the potential to be as good as the king.

Sorry to contradict someone, but I thought it was the team doctor that brought his tongue forward and stopped him from choking I don't think it was Roy Bailey. Anyway the main thing was he survived and we're all thankful for that.

Gosford Blue said:
Sorry to contradict someone, but I thought it was the team doctor that brought his tongue forward and stopped him from choking I don't think it was Roy Bailey. Anyway the main thing was he survived and we're all thankful for that.

The Lakey swallowed tongue incident - it was the Club Doc, Norman was his first name iirc.

could and should have been england captain.
used to see him pounding the streets of haughton green trying to get back from his knee ops. very sad he never made it back.
welcome home lad!

bluetonium said:
Gosford Blue said:

The Lakey swallowed tongue incident - it was the Club Doc, Norman was his first name iirc.

If memory serves, and at my age that isnt a given, it was Roy who pulled Pauls tongue forward and in doing so had his fingers almost knawed to the bone.

Here is a quote from another web site -

In 1989 during a game with Leicester City, Lake swallowed his tongue after an accidental clash of heads and only the quick work of Roy Bailey had saved his life

I have met Paul on a couple of occasions and have spoken via email and phone with him. He really is a top bloke. He has been in the position of Ambassador now for a few weeks and is loving the role. He had to give up his physio license to do it, he spoke with Garry Cook about his concerns, Garry's reply was "The owners value the community, you will be in that role long after I have left the club, so don't worry about your future, the club will look after you" I have also spoken with Pauls Boss (Sarah MD of CITC) and she raves about his affect on the team. Paul will not be they guy who just attends events and poses for photo's. We have an ambassador here who will put his heart and sole back into the club he loves

Firstly it was against Leicester Paul had that horrible clash of heads. We went on to win 4-2 (I think) I remember Trevor Morley curling in a beauty. You've never heard Maine Road fall so silent as Paul lay there on the grass. Horrible moment.

However the lad has come home. I for one couldn't be happier. Paul is my all time favourite City player and as a 35 year old possibly my all time hero. He is eveything it means to be a Blue, and presents himself with class, dignity and will be a truely fanatastic representative for our beloved club.

This is a truely great move by MCFC and I for one would like to offer a personal thanks. The way the new regime is looking after 'our own' is so refreshing after the disgusting attitudes of the past. Thank you City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.