Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a disastrous start for Ten Hag, make no mistake about it. It's not the players leaving per se, it's the value of the 'assets' that's walked out. This was entirely foreseeable and they've had plenty of opportunity to address it.

Pogba was always going to leave and they've had barely any good performances from him. All the United lads I know are glad he has gone. For the club, that's £90m that's just walked out of the door.

Last year, Lingard had been outstanding for West Ham. He wanted to stay, West Ham wanted him, United didn't want him. The logical thing to do would be to take whatever fee was offered and use the freed up wage and fee on someone else who did want to play for the club. They were spiteful and wanted him back, knowing he would leave a year later on a free and barely played him this season, it's just astoundingly bad management! Not only that, what message does it send to other players?

I don't think Lingard is a top 4 player, but he's plenty good enough. A good manager like Moyes or Howe will make him into a £50m player. He showed up at West Ham and did a great job for them. Why couldn't United get something out of him? Bad management. Simple as that. That's why Pogba looked poor. Give Pep them players and they'll be world class and that's the difference.

Whether you rate these players or not, they are not crap. Pogba will go back to Juventus and start playing like he did and I bet Lingard will go to Newcastle/West Ham and start playing like he can. These players aren't bad players, they were badly managed. United have - in effect - lost £150m worth of player for free. That really does take some doing and give a strong impression that the club is run like a dogs dinner and that the dressing room atmosphere will be toxic. Matic has also left and whilst he's not worth much, it's more experience walking out.

They really are a lesson is how not to run a football club.
Most of what you wrote is objectively accurate but it has absolutely nothing to do with ten hag. No idea why’s he’s even mentioned given this stuff has been known it just has a shock effect when it’s formally announced. If he is remotely successful at United it’ll be a massive win for them given everything you’ve said.

This is a disastrous start for Ten Hag, make no mistake about it. It's not the players leaving per se, it's the value of the 'assets' that's walked out. This was entirely foreseeable and they've had plenty of opportunity to address it.

Pogba was always going to leave and they've had barely any good performances from him. All the United lads I know are glad he has gone. For the club, that's £90m that's just walked out of the door.

Last year, Lingard had been outstanding for West Ham. He wanted to stay, West Ham wanted him, United didn't want him. The logical thing to do would be to take whatever fee was offered and use the freed up wage and fee on someone else who did want to play for the club. They were spiteful and wanted him back, knowing he would leave a year later on a free and barely played him this season, it's just astoundingly bad management! Not only that, what message does it send to other players?

I don't think Lingard is a top 4 player, but he's plenty good enough. A good manager like Moyes or Howe will make him into a £50m player. He showed up at West Ham and did a great job for them. Why couldn't United get something out of him? Bad management. Simple as that. That's why Pogba looked poor. Give Pep them players and they'll be world class and that's the difference.

Whether you rate these players or not, they are not crap. Pogba will go back to Juventus and start playing like he did and I bet Lingard will go to Newcastle/West Ham and start playing like he can. These players aren't bad players, they were badly managed. United have - in effect - lost £150m worth of player for free. That really does take some doing and give a strong impression that the club is run like a dogs dinner and that the dressing room atmosphere will be toxic. Matic has also left and whilst he's not worth much, it's more experience walking out.

They really are a lesson is how not to run a football club.
You could well be right that he goes elsewhere he will be rejuvenated but the chap obviously didn't want to play for utd for about two/three years now. The constant mid season injury to Dubai was borderline strike action.They are in the shit but he along with a number of his long term teammates need to shoulder a huge chunk of that blame. Should they have sold him, of course, but no serious club was willing to pay for him. That is damning in itself, he literally couldn't play well enough for a transfer. If Madrid, PSG or Barca were serious in getting him the way they wanted Bale or Hazard he would have been long gone. Even now he is free an he is having take a wage cut to go to Juve.

Mourinho was a prick, with a dreadful transfer record at utd but he is still a great manager. He spotted the bluffers in that club like Rashford, Martial, Shaw, Lingard etc until they are gone they are fucked. The problem is they have added more like them AWB, Maguire, why would they leave utd, they are never getting a gig like that again. Those lads are not good enough and no club would pay an anyway respectable fee for them. So the manager is left trying to coach bags of shit who aren't arsed an mouthing off to the press every week.

They are a badly run, but at this point you need to forget buisines an just cut out the rot and get rid of that rubbish anyway you can.

Can’t remember a single top game he’s played for the rags since he joined, I’ve no idea why anyone rates the guy and thankfully he won’t be at City.

Just seen on one of the City pages that Pep met him personally to say why he wanted to sign him, and Txiki had a contract ready to put him up with our top earners.

I couldn’t see him playing for us at all, regardless of where he’s been.

Just seen on one of the City pages that Pep met him personally to say why he wanted to sign him, and Txiki had a contract ready to put him up with our top earners.

I couldn’t see him playing for us at all, regardless of where he’s been.
The report also said we offered him amongst the highest of salaries in the squad... HIGHLY doubt that. Smelled like total bogus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.