Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
His assists are up there with the best

I presume all this is coming from Pogba camp they can easily just let the media know we interested and we know the media would get nothing from our camp.

We will have a list of midfielders the club are interested in and Pogba would be on it as well as 3/4 others.

Trouble is with too many egos in the side is that we could easily end up just like Utd (or to another extent Everton) when things goes tits up and it becomes a completly toxic environment and near enough unmanagable. We had a taster a few seasons back under Roberto Mancini

But we don’t have any at the moment…

Besides I find it very hard to believe that the toxic cultures at Everton and United are not due to their completely awful management and simply bad squads.

His assists are up there with the best

I presume all this is coming from Pogba camp they can easily just let the media know we interested and we know the media would get nothing from our camp.

We will have a list of midfielders the club are interested in and Pogba would be on it as well as 3/4 others.

It's come from City.

I know he's been offered, I know it was at his behest, I know we are interested. I know City aren't yet sure he could yet end up at PSG.

IMO It was steered yesterday to gauge the public reaction and give Pogba and City a more informed take on things.

Can't fault Pogba, he's not making it about money, just wants to be winning things in a successful team.

I think we would be crazy not to give it a go, we have far bigger stars than United in our drawing room.
Too many plus points for City for them to pass up really.

He's going on a free transfer when we will possibly need two new midfielders. Frees up money to spend a fair wedge on the other midfielder.

He is still marketable and a star name. Shirt seller etc. And the narrative of one of Uniteds best players joining City is always welcome.

Raiola agency client. Can build good relations with them employing Haaland and Pogba in one window.

Most importantly he's definitely talented enough to play for City. Pep has commented in the past about how good Pogba is and can play in 10 positions etc. So if we sign him, Pep will have a plan for how best to use him.

It's just a no brainer imo.

He lives at home with his mum, wife and kids.

He doesn't drink, devout Muslim, you will rarely see him in the headlines outside of his own Insta stuff.

Aside from his questionable fashion sense and hairstyles, he doesn't fuck about.

He wants to win and is prepared to accept less money to come here.

That tells me it is about football.

He knows he has wasted 5/6 years at the rags he also knows at city under pep he has a great chance of winning the big trophies.

But how many players are completely different at a different club, It happens all the time. His talent is undoubtably there, and if Pep can get him in a system where we get the best out of him, consistency might come.
It doesn't happen all the time. You only remember the times it does happen. 90% of the time players continue at their current levels, or drop off.
I'm not saying it will be a disaster, I'm saying that the risk/reward ratio is 80/20 for me on this.
City try to mitigate risks, this seems the opposite.

This thread isn't quite at the madness of "the night ronaldo was signing"...but you can definitely identify the people who watch football to the people who don't so it's not all completely worthless.

I'll be honest I don't see any downsides to this.
The only one I'd say is the wages compared to others in the team. I know he's won the World Cup but so had Mendy...

Do his performances justify going alongside Kev when Bernie, Mahrez, Dias, Walker, Eddie etc aren't?

The piss boiling outweighs it though.

Too many plus points for City for them to pass up really.

He's going on a free transfer when we will possibly need two new midfielders. Frees up money to spend a fair wedge on the other midfielder.

He is still marketable and a star name. Shirt seller etc. And the narrative of one of Uniteds best players joining City is always welcome.

Raiola agency client. Can build good relations with them employing Haaland and Pogba in one window.

Most importantly he's definitely talented enough to play for City. Pep has commented in the past about how good Pogba is and can play in 10 positions etc. So if we sign him, Pep will have a plan for how best to use him.

It's just a no brainer imo.

This remains a good point. If things didn't work out we would easily get his wages back in a couple years.

People are bigging up his performances for France, but I'm sure I remember that the goal that cost them at the Euros involved Pogba giving away possession and then tracking back with all the intensity of a sleep-deprived tortoise. I know he scored a thundercunt as well, but if that's him at his best then I simply don't think he's a City player. He screams PSG, all talent with no grit, all highlights with no consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.