Paul Power Turns 70

Great servant to our club. He scored against Forest in 1981 which is the first game I can remember going to. And I remember him scoring the equaliser against Everton in the quarter final same season(81) and me going mad running around the house with the radio on. Then he scored again in the replay which I went a few days later. Great days :) Happy birthday Crazy horse.
The goal against Forest ,a 1-1 draw during the 80/81 season
When he played every single league game, 42 appearances.

I presume he played every game in the fa cup run to Wembley as he scored in most of them ;)

Not sure about the league cup run to the semi finals ..would be intresting to know if he was an ever present throughout all 57 games that season..

One of my favourite players and that goal against AC Milan ,Ipswich semi final and the brilliant last min goal at Everton in the cup stand out.

I presume he played every game in the fa cup run to Wembley as he scored in most of them ;)

Not sure about the league cup run to the semi finals ..would be intresting to know if he was an ever present throughout all 57 games that season..

One of my favourite players and that goal against AC Milan ,Ipswich semi final and the brilliant last min goal at Everton in the cup stand out.
Here’s the shirt Paul scored that goal against AC in.

IMG_3007.jpeg

Nice guy was Paul, and a very good footballer. I'll never forget being behind the goal watching that free kick go in!

His wife had their son in the next bed to my ex-wife having our son Ian, in Withington Hospital.

We had a good long chat during those long hours waiting haha

Some years later the two boys played football against each other many times. Strange world!

Yeah, he scored some mega important goals that 81 season. I've seen the AC Milan goal but it was just before my time. I went to his testimonial against Everton around 87 and I think there were only about 7 or 8'000 there which was disappointing for a player that gave us so much.

Never forget him curling that free kick in at Villa Park in the 81 FA Cup semi against Ipswich, up there with my greatest ever City moments. Being behind that goal and watching that fucker go in was pure ecstasy, in a time when the FA Cup really meant something to all teams and fans..

Happy birthday Sir … !

Yeah, he scored some mega important goals that 81 season. I've seen the AC Milan goal but it was just before my time. I went to his testimonial against Everton around 87 and I think there were only about 7 or 8'000 there which was disappointing for a player that gave us so much.
The Milan game made the 10 o clock main news that evening
And I watched in disbelief as Power broke on the counter and surged the length of the pitch before cutting in on his left and burying it.
A fantastic goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.