Paul Scholes - Has 'left' Oldham (p20)

Not suprised.

Didn't he quit England because something wasn't going his way(being played out on the left) rather than get his head down and showing why he should be in the middle he retires citing family and United being more important.. Beta mentality.
He said himself that wasn't the problem as he'd played on the left for Utd many times. He quit, if I recall correctly, because of the shoddy management - which, to be fair, he was right about. Sven was utter crap and Scholes was probably the best English player of his generation whose talents - as well those of a number of other top players the country had - was wasted by an inept manager who seemed obsessed with building a team around Brand Backham.

But I digress; the fact he left Oldham so soon and the statement he made just smacks of that 'Class of 92' entitlement that so many of them have. I think having spent so long under SAF made him think that all managers can be as autocratic and controlling, but the game (and clubs) have moved on since then. Now he's doing the thing all his cohort seem to do - blame everyone else but himself.

And another one bites the dust.

Take any of the no class of 92 away from the swamp & look at what they have achieved.

NOTHING.

In fact what they did even with the rags was inspite or despite them. The bought in, vastly expensive players were the main reasons for their success plus the off field antics of GPC et al.

You would have thought being under talented over praised jerks would be enough for them to slope off & sit out their days in gratitude. But oh no, they shout out loud about how good they were & when they try to prove it in another club - it always goes tits up.

for me anyway the more ex-players going back into football is a great thing, football needs young managers and if the game is to keep producing talent then it needs young managers as well, don't understand scholes dropping out so quick and the chairman coming out with the text line from scholes, and maybe their is more to the offer at united and jumped before the chairman knew anything about it ??

i have big hopes for a couple of city players going into management even taking over city in the future, kompany and silva would be ideal managers even zabaleta would make a great manager with his 100% in anything he does as a player, so we all are knocking a couple of ex-rags becoming managers and maybe in 3 or 4 years time it will be our ex-players getting jobs in the game and finding it hard

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.