Pay as you play.

Turks Head Again

Team supported
City
Isn't it about time so called politicians were paid on a delivery by promises basis ?
If you employed some idiot to fit you a new bathroom that has a degree in geography , should you pay them when they don't deliver?
Or should you withhold their money until they figure it out.
In other words.
You haven't done what you said you would.
I'm not paying you.
I've had a few taddies and some screwballs started it in the boozer.
Thought I'd ask you lot.

Isn't it about time so called politicians were paid on a delivery by promises basis ?
If you employed some idiot to fit you a new bathroom that has a degree in geography , should you pay them when they don't deliver?
Or should you withhold their money until they figure it out.
In other words.
You haven't done what you said you would.
I'm not paying you.
I've had a few taddies and some screwballs started it in the boozer.
Thought I'd ask you lot.

Nice idea but not that simple. Would you have with held the payment from all Parliament for us failing to Leave? If so would you do similar because they haven't done so on a No Deal ( bear in mind that wasn't on the ballot ). Would you with hold payments because £350m pw won't go to the NHS ( bear in mind the courts kicked this out today ) then consider all that and the fact that so many MP's are lawyers - fuck all would get done - except in the courts.

Nice idea but not that simple. Would you have with held the payment from all Parliament for us failing to Leave? If so would you do similar because they haven't done so on a No Deal ( bear in mind that wasn't on the ballot ). Would you with hold payments because £350m pw won't go to the NHS ( bear in mind the courts kicked this out today ) then consider all that and the fact that so many MP's are lawyers - fuck all would get done - except in the courts.

Pay them more for carrying out their duties properly.

On the other hand...
Public flogging and prison for politicians who are proved to have lied and profited financially from their lies.

They should be paid much more, we need the best people in parliament and as every good capitalist will say, if you want the best, you pay the best wages.

I do think voters confuse manifesto's with promises, I see a manifesto as a wish list, just like when I wrote to father Christmas last year asking for some star wars lego, I got some star wars lego, but didn't get the exact one I wanted. I was still happy I got some lego, but was disappointed I didn't get the death star.

Pay them more for carrying out their duties properly.

On the other hand...
Public flogging and prison for politicians who are proved to have lied and profited financially from their lies.

I wouldnt want them flogged, but if they have lied and used their position for personal profit then they should be removed and jailed and barred from public office for life.

They should be paid much more, we need the best people in parliament and as every good capitalist will say, if you want the best, you pay the best wages.

I do think voters confuse manifesto's with promises, I see a manifesto as a wish list, just like when I wrote to father Christmas last year asking for some star wars lego, I got some star wars lego, but didn't get the exact one I wanted. I was still happy I got some lego, but was disappointed I didn't get the death star.

The point you make about manifestos is correct.
However we all suspect,at least,that there are plenty of politicians who use their positions to deliberately mislead so they can line their own pockets or attain higher positions.

As it stands,politicians have never been held in such low regard by the public,as now imo,and with just cause.

The point you make about manifestos is correct.
However we all suspect,at least,that there are plenty of politicians who use their positions to deliberately mislead so they can line their own pockets or attain higher positions.

As it stands,politicians have never been held in such low regard by the public,as now imo,and with just cause.

I was discussing this with a good mate the other week and we both came to similar conclusions, the Daily Telegraphs coverage of the expenses scandal did huge damage to Parliament and to Parliamentarians. I think and I might be wrong here but it was Thatcher who decided she could not support pay increases for MPs because of pay restraint in other sectors so introduced a system of expenses to cover the fact there was no wage increase. Of course the system was abused as MPs pay fell proportionately to other sectors. I think that was a huge mistake and it allowed for sensationalist headlines suck as duck ponds etc. If they had been paid properly then I am sure none of this would have happened and MPs reputations would not have taken such a battering.

That it allowed the likes of the Telegraph to make the stories confidence in our democracy slumped and it paved the way for the populists. Accident or design, me and my mate were both of the opinion it was by design and part of the long term plan to bring in a more reactionary right wing type of politics.

I was discussing this with a good mate the other week and we both came to similar conclusions, the Daily Telegraphs coverage of the expenses scandal did huge damage to Parliament and to Parliamentarians. I think and I might be wrong here but it was Thatcher who decided she could not support pay increases for MPs because of pay restraint in other sectors so introduced a system of expenses to cover the fact there was no wage increase. Of course the system was abused as MPs pay fell proportionately to other sectors. I think that was a huge mistake and it allowed for sensationalist headlines suck as duck ponds etc. If they had been paid properly then I am sure none of this would have happened and MPs reputations would not have taken such a battering.

That it allowed the likes of the Telegraph to make the stories confidence in our democracy slumped and it paved the way for the populists. Accident or design, me and my mate were both of the opinion it was by design and part of the long term plan to bring in a more reactionary right wing type of politics.

I'm sure the sensationalist headlines had a part to play,after all the right wing makes itself synonymous with law and order ;)

Can't help but think however that no matter how much we pay politicians,that there will be a fair few who want more,human nature.

Politics,by it's very nature seems to attract people who want power,money and fame more than to be public servants looking after the countries best interests.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.