Paying house off early

If you're sure you won't need to borrow in the future then pay it off. It may, however be worth leaving say, £5k outstanding just in case. I know rates have gone up but it's still pretty cheap money on what may be a low rate.

If you're sure you won't need to borrow in the future then pay it off. It may, however be worth leaving say, £5k outstanding just in case. I know rates have gone up but it's still pretty cheap money on what may be a low rate.
That is most sensible, building up a contingency fund first, for a replacement car, capital works and emergencies.

What is daft is basic videos using 7 year old level mathematics encouraging people to "invest", if people can't work out that type of thing for themselves they shouldn't be investing and maybe just saving. The other thing is if you have a 10% overpayment limit without charge, you lose it if not used that year, and if savings rates dip you can't change your mind in retrospect. Not so crucial if near the end of a term, but worth baring in mind.

Paid mine off a few months ago, the way interest rates have been it's just a relief. They seem to be stabilising a bit now but who tf knows. If you can, i'd pay it off and get rid mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.