Paypal

Bill Walker

Team supported
City
Ive just had a very annoying experience with this Co, something I didnt know about and Im posting this to let you all know about it so you dont get caught.

5 weeks ago I sold a collection of 120 history of rock magazines on ebay to a guy in the US for $64

I gave him a price for postage of $180 (australian) air mail and $104 seamail, he asked me to send them seamail and sent me the $$$ through paypal, a total of $188.

I packed the mags and took them to the post office the lady said they could take up to 12 weeks

that was 5 weeks ago, now I find that the buyer made a claim for his $188 back as he says he hasnt recieved the mags, paypal suspended the $188 from my account while they investigated.

I scanned and emailed the post office receipt to paypal to prove that I had posted the package at a cost of $104, (and told them they were not due to arrive yet) thinking that would be the end of the matter..

however paypal have now decided in favour of the buyer and given him a refund of $188 out of my account!

so he will receive the mags in a few weeks and he got his $$ back

apparently the only way I could win this is if I can PROVE that the package has been delivered (I cant)

so I am have in effect 'given' my magazines to someone and paid the ebay selling fee's AND the $104 postage

great isnt it.................dont let this happen to you

cn't you prove by proving the tracking number to paypal, but I understand My Paypal has been froozen because I wouldn't send them a copy of my bank statement.

BlueMooner87 said:
cn't you prove by proving the tracking number to paypal, but I understand My Paypal has been froozen because I wouldn't send them a copy of my bank statement.

I dont have a tracking # mate, I just posted them (not a courier or registered mail)

Did you tell him it could take up to 12 weeks? If you did then he's a twat,

I'd wait the 12 weeks then contact him again and if he doesn't pay leave a real shitty comment on his feedback,

C**nts trick by paypal aswell,

nimrod said:
BlueMooner87 said:

I dont have a tracking # mate, I just posted them (not a courier or registered mail)

This doesn't sound fair at all. I'd also wait the 12 weeks, check that he has got the goods then contact Paypal again. I know it's an expensive lesson to learn but I use ebay now and again and if I offer postage to anywhere outside the UK I insist on sending it either International Signed For or Airsure. It does cost about £4 (UK) more on top of the normal postage fee, but it is tracked all the way and has to be signed for on receipt. I only once made the mistake of sending something to my son in Holland by normal airmail - not signed for, and the parcel never got there!!! Luckilly it wasn't anything expensive but lesson learned!

shit that mate :\

tis why i only ever sell to the UK :) cant trust foreigners!

kidding ;)

Im thinking or reporting this to consumer affairs

Ive posted the item so Ive upheld my end of the bargain.

From my experience with paypal, the person who sends the money always manages to claim it back

I bought some stuff off ebay from someone who turned out to be a scammer. I paid the money and nothing came after about two weeks. I kept contacting the seller but never got a reply. I opened a dispute with paypal and I got the money back into my account about 2 weeks later. Seemed a good service from my side

However, I have heard of people doing the exact same thing as what happened to you.

mcfc_ms said:
From my experience with paypal, the person who sends the money always manages to claim it back

I bought some stuff off ebay from someone who turned out to be a scammer. I paid the money and nothing came after about two weeks. I kept contacting the seller but never got a reply. I opened a dispute with paypal and I got the money back into my account about 2 weeks later. Seemed a good service from my side

However, I have heard of people doing the exact same thing as what happened to you.
I've heard a few times about people getting the items then claiming that they haven't, complaining to paypal who then return the money.
I know its a bit late now but always insist on a signature at the other end if you are posting something expensive.

When selling anything via eBay/Paypal you MUST sent via a recorded method. If you do not then you are open to a c;laim against you at any time and Paypal will ALWAYS choose in favour of the buyer!! Totally wrong I know but that's how these con artists operate!!

They should be investigated by an independent source in my view!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.