pearces signings

Well I'm going to take some issue with this topic. People have extreamly short memories because for one I remember the noise generated by fans who on Keegan's departure in March 2005 were crying out for Pearce to be given the job. That issue aside, I also recollect feeling somewhat dispondent at the start of 2005-06 when as replacement for SWP we were 'treated' to mssrs Cole and Vassell. However looking back they were two excellent signings and that season only went wrong when we lost Cole to injury in January 2006. Prior to this we had some great result and sat reasonably well placed in the league. Losing Cole for 2006-07 was a major blow and to this day I do not know why Pearce decided to effectivally exchange Cole for Corradi? Finally, consider this. Pearce for his many faults, kept us in the Prem with virtually nothing, relative to many other clubs in that period. It was poor fare for most of the fans who watched, true, but he kept us in there long enough for the eventual takeover and the rest is history. When you compare that to some of the utter sh*te we have been offered this season by players apparently so much better than Pearce's, I think his record stands up fairly well, all things considered.

the post was reference to his signings not his ability ,i have nothing against pearce -again he would be a good part of this years team

every manager has bought some poo in their career -even in successful times ie.veron
we could have 4 squads made up of crap signings
ball,clark,royle,keegan etc

our position previously wasnt as strong however,thats why we dont want to be tempted with the bellamy's etc

lets flex the financial muscles

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.